Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at dealer yesterday to test drive and I drove a TI sport. I asked the salesperson the difference between the TI and TI sport. They said only thing is the seats being more bolstered. Same engine same drive. I see that the regular TI gives more wheel choices, I know the TI sport gives the 20's which is the other standard option difference.

I was confused a little by the only difference being seat bolsters - they then said that there is some performance package add on that none of the TI sports have yet. I was confused again since I didn't see anything like that on the build and price.

Can anyone clarify exactly about the TI sport and if there is supposed to be anther type of suspension/performance package coming out for it?
Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't know about the performance package but there is a cosmetic difference on the outside. The molding and roof rack on the Ti is chrome and on the Ti Sport is black.
But i'm now very curious about the performance package!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the performance package but there is a cosmetic difference on the outside. The molding and roof rack on the Ti is chrome and on the Ti Sport is black.
But i'm now very curious about the performance package!
Yes, it didn't make sense when they said it because I never saw such an option on the build and price. I don't see it in any brochures either. Could they just be talking about the "sport tuned suspension" under the TI sport options? They made it seem like it was more than that describing it as a "performance package" and then said they did not have any TI Sports in stock with that option..

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes, it didn't make sense when they said it because I never saw such an option on the build and price. I don't see it in any brochures either. Could they just be talking about the "sport tuned suspension" under the TI sport options? They made it seem like it was more than that describing it as a "performance package" and then said they did not have any TI Sports in stock with that option..

I found this but its not from AR USA website .... look at page 10 halfway down

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...lvio/2018_AR_Stelvio_Feature_Availability.pdf

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio FEATURE AVAILABILITY shows the Ti Sport Performance Package is a "late availability" package that adds "active suspension and mechanical
limited-slip differential".

The Lusso package is also late availability and appears to be an "either/or" with the Sport package.

I'm kind of torn as I'd like to all leather interior of the Lusso but I also want the paddle shifters...

Joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio FEATURE AVAILABILITY shows the Ti Sport Performance Package is a "late availability" package that adds "active suspension and mechanical
limited-slip differential".

The Lusso package is also late availability and appears to be an "either/or" with the Sport package.

I'm kind of torn as I'd like to all leather interior of the Lusso but I also want the paddle shifters...

Joe
You can order a Giulia Ti lusso with the sport package, I hope the Stelvio is the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The last time I talked to our local dealer ( 2weeks ago), he thinks that the Performance Package will be available around 1st quarter of 2018 (Jan/Feb?). On a side note, I also asked about the Hands Free Convenience Package - another late availability option- and he wasn't getting any available dates for that

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The last time I talked to our local dealer ( 2weeks ago), he thinks that the Performance Package will be available around 1st quarter of 2018 (Jan/Feb?). On a side note, I also asked about the Hands Free Convenience Package - another late availability option- and he wasn't getting any available dates for that
Hands free convenience package? What's that?!?

This is what makes me hesitate in buying right now. All the lack of information, conflicting information, nothing official from Alfa. I'm a person that likes to get every package and load my car. Had I ordered a car and then found out that such a package was coming out so closely after I would be pretty upset. Same goes for why I wont believe and pull the trigger regarding their answers regarding Car Play and Lusso. I know the minute I order my car then all the stuff I want will magically "be available" .

I'd rather know definitively so I can decide if maybe I want to lease (the stelvio instead of buy) for a couple years until some of this stuff comes out or get a different car for now and consider Stelvio in 2 years when more is finalized. I love the car but if I get duped into buying being told I can get xyz and that turns out to be not true I'm not going to be happy. I just want to know everything upfront honestly and if Car play isn't happening until next year than just say that so I can adjust my expectations and plan... Its frustrating not knowing and trying to decide based on "maybes" or "late availability" that never happens.

I am hoping more information comes out January/February like they are saying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hands Free Tailgate Convenience Package - is basically the convenience package (Trunk Net, trunk Adjustable Rail, 115V Aux Power Outlet) with a hands free tailgate - kick your foot under the bumper to open tailgate. I'm not sure if it works to close it.

We're holding off too -I thought we were going to order by Christmas but have told our dealer we'll come in when Alfa is ready with all available options. The new car show is coming here in January and we're going to go. If my wife sees something she likes and can't wait? Then so be it, we'll get something else or just keep the car she has.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
My Ti Sport has adaptive dampers, you can feel the difference clear as day switching between D and N, ride firms up quite nicely, and cornering is significantly improved. The loaner Sport but Non Ti I was given for a few days, definitely didn't have them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts