Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here driven the Stelvio with the Performance Package (limited slip diff, active suspension)? Could you compare it to the Ti Sport without it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Raises hand.

I’m probably the first in North America. It’s different, I’m still running the engine in so I’ll know better in a week or two when I can actually hammer it.

The rear end is more lively and the whole car feels more reactive with the pack.

The adaptive suspension is rather adaptive. My biggest takeaway is how much the car rocks when stopping at low speeds due to the adaptive suspension, and it’s a lot. But sharp braking at speed doesn’t dive the nose much. The adaptive suspension deals better with nasty road surfaces than the FSD in the normal TI Sport.

Reactions: Shemp

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not yet. My dealers first one is mine which I pick up on Friday.

Reactions: Banffstelvio

·
Registered
478 Posts
Finally broke 300 miles so got to go play on a favorite bit of road. With no slow Lexus/Canyonero traffic mercifully. There are so many people crapping up good roads with their appliances in Ohio.

What a difference the adaptive suspension and LSD make. I’d say the Stelvio feels more stable than the wife’s Focus ST or my old 2006 WRX on that same section of road and is supremely fast and confident through curves like I’d expect. The torque vectoring from the LSD makes a difference as the tail is now a bit lighter feeling, the already superb balance is improved by it. The suspension hardens up in the best way when pushed while being compliant and comfortable when cruising.

Overall I’d say it’s $1200 well spent on any TI Sport for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts