Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of like me tired of the lag in acceleration, and feel the 2.0 turbo should be much quicker, keep reading. I have a 2018 Ti, and recently added some performance upgrades. I thought I would make quick (ok, it turned out to be pretty long) post for those of you considering the same. I don't feel the need to endorse one product over the other, and I am far from a mechanic or engineer in a position to offer professional advice; however, this is my experience.

I bought my parts from Madness Autoworks, and I had a very good experience with prompt replies via phone and email when I had questions. They seemed very knowledgeable and helpful, and even talked me out of another $500 item I was ready to buy, so I feel like they weren't trying to up-sell me and were honest with advice.

I installed the new GoPedal in early Sept, and typically drove it in Race mode (middle setting) with the car in "N" mode. It made a HUGE difference, and after driving it for 3 months with the GoPedal, I almost opted not to purchase the rest of the stuff. But of course...I did. I installed a GFB diverter valve, a Sprint high-flow air filter, and the MaxPower Pro ECM. I don't notice any performance improvement with the filter or valve, but I'm sure the vehicle's mechanical systems appreciate them. The ECM provided for another big increase in performance with real-world driving improvement. I took my vehicle to the dealership yesterday to get some codes/sensors reset (not associated with the upgrades), and left everything installed with the the BT GoPedal "off" and the dummy-plug installed in-lieu-of the EMC (didn't pull out all the wiring). The dealer didn't mention a word about seeing any codes or "evidence" that I had the stuff installed for those of you like me concerned about voiding your warranty. After getting my vehicle back, I drove 2 miles down the road and put the EMC back in ( took me 1 min.) and turned on my GoPedal with my phone.

Verdict --> At around $1100, or 2% of the cost of the vehicle, worth of upgrades, it is ABSOLUTELY worth the money. If you are on the fence, just pull the trigger. Honestly, the GoPedal is probably enough for many of us, takes less than 3 min. to install, and is less than $300. The EMC ($600) is worth it to me, but at minimum, throw in the GoPedal throttle enhancement device (or another brands equivalent product). It truly is a night and day difference! While driving the car without the upgrades across the city to the dealership it felt like a ’72 Ford Pinto compared to driving it home with the GoPedal and ECM back "on".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the write up.
I long debated about the stage 1 upgrade during their Black Friday deals.
In the end, I just went with the gopedal. It’s a 2 year lease and it’s mainly my wife’s. I should be getting it delivered tomorrow or Tuesday. Very excited to see a huge difference in throttle response.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Give yourself a few weeks to play around with it. I made some custom maps that work well but in the end I put it in performance mode and left it using "N". Performance works great with "A" mode when snowing. In "D" the response is very twitchy in city traffic so I save that for curvy roads at speed or the highway or drag race. Lol..

·
Registered
348 Posts
MaxPower Pro ECM and GoPedal are awesome...Huge difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the write up.
I long debated about the stage 1 upgrade during their Black Friday deals.
In the end, I just went with the gopedal. It’s a 2 year lease and it’s mainly my wife’s. I should be getting it delivered tomorrow or Tuesday. Very excited to see a huge difference in throttle response.
Sarlacc, how much was the Black Friday deal on the Go Pedal?

·
Registered
207 Posts
My question is really “Madness” or “Eurocompulsion”? One uses a piggyback and the other uses original ECU. I have to believe if one was going to upgrade exhaust and intake, Eurocompulsion would be the right choice. I plan on keeping my Stelvio for a while . . . I own it. Just unsure. Wish I could take each out for a test drive. My son is prodding me to upgrade the exhaust, but I’m not just looking for more noise. We’ll see what happens this spring. Super excited to get some mods under the hood!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ordered the Eurocompulsion V2 Intake on Black Friday and waiting to install. After reading this, will probably pick up the Madness GoPedal as well. 24 month lease... so trying not to go too crazy, lol. Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ordered the Eurocompulsion V2 Intake on Black Friday and waiting to install. After reading this, will probably pick up the Madness GoPedal as well. 24 month lease... so trying not to go too crazy, lol. Thanks for the write up!
Terry is selling his pedal tuner for $179 if you want to save some $$$.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+1 for the GoPedal! I had a Sprint Booster on my Crossfire SRT6 a couple years back, then got one for my 535i before getting my Stelvio. I ordered the GoPedal a week after I picked up my Alfa. I’m so on the fence with the Max Power Pro and I’m sure I’ll end up getting it as well lol.

A pedal device is absolutely a necessity for any car these days in my opinion!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got back upstairs from installing and playing around with it and a quick jaunt around town.

HOLEEEEEEE SHIIIIIIIIIIIT! Who would have a thought mod that doesn't physically make the car faster could scare the **** out of you. I had it on race setting at the highest level (3) and nearly pissed myself going from a red light that I was on the line. So, I think the sweet spot is is race level -2. I tried Sport level 3 and I honestly couldn't tell if it was any different than stock, I'll have to play some more. It's like a totally different vehicle...I dont like the cable and lack any real place to put the control paddle. But thankfully since its Bluetooth, I just coiled it all up and dumped it behind the center console panel.

I made sure to turn it off so my wife doesn't scare the **** out of herself when she takes it in the morning.

She already hates how I drive and gets scared easily...this is gonna get me divorced...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the GoPedal Plus and there’s no race mode :unsure: Wondering if @MADNESS Autoworks has a map I can set it to with similar settings on Individual. I felt the GP Plus had more features... Didn’t even realize no race mode though :confused:

I also just realized there’s another Black Stallion here lol. The question is, can we coexist or do I change my handle?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the GoPedal Plus and there’s no race mode :unsure: Wondering if @MADNESS Autoworks has a map I can set it to with similar settings on Individual. I felt the GP Plus had more features... Didn’t even realize no race mode though :confused:

I also just realized there’s another Black Stallion here lol. The question is, can we coexist or do I change my handle?!
I think its the current software update. Because I dont think there is a GoPedal Plus anymore. Just BT and non-BT. So now there is OFF, ECO, SPORT, and RACE.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
"Who would have a thought mod that doesn't physically make the car faster could scare the **** out of you '

I wouldn't classify an overly sensitive throttle as a performance upgrade, no matter who makes it.

if you want actual improvements do the Race mode mod to negate the nannies, put wider/better rubber on to take advantage of it, and get an actual tune where you can adjust it for N mode, because that's where the chassis race mode sets the engine module.

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Who would have a thought mod that doesn't physically make the car faster could scare the **** out of you '

I wouldn't classify an overly sensitive throttle as a performance upgrade, no matter who makes it.

if you want actual improvements do the Race mode mod to negate the nannies, put wider/better rubber on to take advantage of it, and get an actual tune where you can adjust it for N mode, because that's where the chassis race mode sets the engine module.
Well, my "butt dyno" doesnt agree with you. I've owned modern performance vehicles both canned and custom tunes. And they still could have greatly benefitted from a mod such as this to increase throttle response. Modern day drive by wire sucks. You might not be adding hp/tq performance but you are still changing the driving dynamics of the vehicles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm super pleased with my Seletron Pedal Booster, and selected it over the Go Pedal since it's an Italian company. Stark improvement. Connects to unit via bluetooth. I'm usually in N now and switch to D when I need even more responsiveness. Recommended!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ha Ha...get the same response from my wife....she drives a GMC Canyon everyday and only drives the TI occasionally. I need to put it in "A" and change to normal on the GoPedal... Pretty funny.

·
Vendor
655 Posts
Well, my "butt dyno" doesnt agree with you. I've owned modern performance vehicles both canned and custom tunes. And they still could have greatly benefitted from a mod such as this to increase throttle response. Modern day drive by wire sucks. You might not be adding hp/tq performance but you are still changing the driving dynamics of the vehicles.
Sarlacc,

Thank you for your support! Happy to hear you are loving your GOPedal!

That is what we have noticed in modern drive-by-wire vehicles that the throttle response is more subdued, and even in vehicles that have undergone tuning often times the throttle is forgotten or only tweaked slightly for a more universal appeal.

The GOPedal can be used alongside as many or as few performance modifications you desire to allow you full personalization of your driving experience.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts