Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having an issue that after searching here on the Stelvio General Discussion forum I am not finding anything that mentions it...So when I connect my phone via USB "C" to the front USB port next to the lighter input, after the Android Auto (AA) opens, it disconnects after say 8-10 seconds as "phone ready" pops up on the steering wheel display cluster. I also get on the main dash display "Android Auto Connection failed, please check the device for further details and then reconnect your device". After 10 seconds or so, the AA restarts, displays for a few seconds, then same disconnect and phone ready pop-up displays. It makes no difference if I unplug and replug the USB cable.This continues over and over...Any ideas as to why and how to circumvent this annoying malfunction?

Thanx! STELVIS!

!!UPDATE!!...
I was ready to hit the post button for the above paragraph but thought to myself that I did read to try a different USB "C" cable. So I found a new one, went out to the car and before switching the actual USB "C" cable, I decided to try each of the three other USB ports...the one inside center console box and the two rear passenger rear-side console ones under the dual A/C vents.

So check this out...,the two rear passenger rear-side console ones only will charge the phone..no connection whatsoever to AA. The inside console box one connects perfectly to AA (with no "Phone Ready" pop-up) or so it appears... To be certain, I took a spin around the neighborhood with no disconnecting of AA. So the only USB port that I can get to function properly in regards to AA is the inside console box one. Has anyone else tested all four of their USB outlets in reference to hard-wiring AA with similar results as mine? Or am I missing something obvious here that others might have a clue about? This is beyond wacky!

!!DOUBLE UPDATE!!
...After posting this, I took a looksee at it and noticed at the page bottom there are post links "recommended reading" where I found an informative post basically describing what I've experienced so the mystery is solved...
It's in the QV forum titled...
"Not just front USB for CarPlay"

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am having an issue that after searching here on the Stelvio General Discussion forum I am not finding anything that mentions it...So when I connect my phone via USB "C" to the front USB port next to the lighter input, after the Android Auto (AA) opens, it disconnects after say 8-10 seconds as "phone ready" pops up on the steering wheel display cluster. I also get on the main dash display "Android Auto Connection failed, please check the device for further details and then reconnect your device". After 10 seconds or so, the AA restarts, displays for a few seconds, then same disconnect and phone ready pop-up displays. It makes no difference if I unplug and replug the USB cable.This continues over and over...Any ideas as to why and how to circumvent this annoying malfunction?

Thanx! STELVIS!

!!UPDATE!!...
I was ready to hit the post button for the above paragraph but thought to myself that I did read to try a different USB "C" cable. So I found a new one, went out to the car and before switching the actual USB "C" cable, I decided to try each of the three other USB ports...the one inside center console box and the two rear passenger rear-side console ones under the dual A/C vents.

So check this out...,the two rear passenger rear-side console ones only will charge the phone..no connection whatsoever to AA. The inside console box one connects perfectly to AA (with no "Phone Ready" pop-up) or so it appears... To be certain, I took a spin around the neighborhood with no disconnecting of AA. So the only USB port that I can get to function properly in regards to AA is the inside console box one. Has anyone else tested all four of their USB outlets in reference to hard-wiring AA with similar results as mine? Or am I missing something obvious here that others might have a clue about? This is beyond wacky!

!!DOUBLE UPDATE!!
...After posting this, I took a looksee at it and noticed at the page bottom there are post links "recommended reading" where I found an informative post basically describing what I've experienced so the mystery is solved...
It's in the QV forum titled...
"Not just front USB for CarPlay"
Not exactly what you get, but I'm getting occasional (say, every couple of hours on a trip) "Android Auto Connection failed...", though it sometimes resets itself, and always resets if I unplug/replug. I originally thought the cable was the culprit, but it does it with a new cable, also.

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly what you get, but I'm getting occasional (say, every couple of hours on a trip) "Android Auto Connection failed...", though it sometimes resets itself, and always resets if I unplug/replug. I originally thought the cable was the culprit, but it does it with a new cable, also.
Which USB port are you plugging into? Have you tried all 4?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I suggest you use the one in the console as that is the only one I can get to work without any interruptions...maybe reread my post to see the timeline of occurences...
Thanks, I will try it next time I'm on the road. I do remember that, at least a good portion of these incidents occurred immediately after a bump or similar jolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts