Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AR came thru and have the stelvio quat there in display, it's the first pre-production US car built and has been doing the car show rounds. AR also had a factory guy there I talked with a bit after we made the group ride thru Deal's Gap. Name was Steven didn't catch his last name, but interesting to talk to.

Also of note, they had a professional production crew to video this even, They mounted cameras on various Alfas interviewed owners, etc. This annual event grows each year and this year over 200 cars. Most were fiats but the alfas grow in numbers each year, I'd guess thirty or forty there. On Friday drive for camera op that grouped the alfas together. THurs and Friday were a blast, even tho some rain, and it got a bit colder, had to come home today.

The Quad Stelvio is pretty incredible looking! THe carbon fibre brakes are especially tasty, and I absolutely have to get a set of those wheels for my car. Unfortunately for some reason it was in limp mode and something kept killing the battery so didn't see it get driven, a shame!

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, only three stelvios there, my rosso and two whites (one white one was with the AR rep)

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this car was built in 2016 and used for the US car show debut. So many things will probably be different. What I found especially interesting, That stabilizer bar over the engine is not carbon fibre, it's covered with carbon fibre film, tho surely the production will be CF?

This pictures is strange, this plastic covers does not exist in production

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
yeah,early show car - the hood on the production version is much nicer.
bad battery? limp mode? gee, I know that's an old car, but Alfa has got to do a better job than that at events.

I do hope the car people treated you as a genuine Alfa guy, like in the porsche crowd sometimes the best you can get is the grudgingly accepting "they have to build those trucks to keep the real ones in production", which as a long time Alfa guy bothers me a great deal when it comes from a first time giulia owner.

·
Registered
381 Posts
event Quadrifoglio in limp mode, lol?

bad battery? limp mode? gee, I know that's an old car, but Alfa has got to do a better job than that at events.

I do hope the car people treated you as a genuine Alfa guy, like in the porsche crowd sometimes the best you can get is the grudgingly accepting "they have to build those trucks to keep the real ones in production", which as a long time Alfa guy bothers me a great deal when it comes from a first time giulia owner.
- totally agree with forum member lost1750GTV.

Here we have Alfa Romeo who's been out of the US market for over 25 years with one of the reasons being poor reliability and this Quad event car is being shown and displayed in limp mode? Wow. How sloppy and what poor planning.

If I was Sergio Marchionne I would be furious. There should be an elite factory technician on board at these type of events to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be inclined to agree with you if it weren't the same early show car which as we all know are quite often not functioning cars. Had it been a production model I most def. would've expected it to be up to speed.

- totally agree with forum member lost1750GTV.

Here we have Alfa Romeo who's been out of the US market for over 25 years with one of the reasons being poor reliability and this Quad event car is being shown and displayed in limp mode? Wow. How sloppy and what poor planning.

If I was Sergio Marchionne I would be furious. There should be an elite factory technician on board at these type of events to prevent this from happening.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was odd for me. I guess I realized I'm really not a car guy anymore. As I more enjoyed riding my bike up the mtn next to the hotel that driving deals gap (done on a sportbike many times and far more exciting for me!).

I actually most of all enjoyed talking to the AR guy who is a real enthusiast about the marque and we talked at length about everything alfa!!

This event is still small for alfas but each year gets more and more, would like to have seen more stelvios.

The bad weather didn't help, Thursday was good, friday slightly cooler and rain for part of deals gap. Saturday got up and it was in the 40s with rain so I came home as sunday was going to be same but colder.

BTW> I was absolutely about how well the stelvio handles in the deals gap which is a lot of very closely packed tight turns. Big Thumbs up for me!!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
"how well the stelvio handles'

glad to hear it

"far more exciting"
yeah, car guys go on about the extra weight of our truck, but cars are pretty big and heavy if you are used to a good bike.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Thanks for the photos + sharing your experience!

Reactions: zvezdah1
1 - 20 of 20 Posts