I need answers lol:

1. Best Piggyback overall?

2. Best ECU Flash tune overall?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Q4 Sport, MonteCarlo Blue
68 Posts
Your responses are going to be heavily based on opinion...there are a lot of threads on here about this topic and I suggest doing diligent research before you make your own informed decision.

For example: the "fastest" Alfa's seem to be running the TMC piggyback, however I believe the BMS JB4 is the best piggyback. TMC and Madness are about the same, but only the JB4 reads CANbus data for accuracy and safety, provides data-logging and real-time gauges, smooths out the idle issues, and has the ability to allow you to self-tune to your specific vehicle (MAP6 program). So that's the one I purchased.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Your responses are going to be heavily based on opinion...there are a lot of threads on here about this topic and I suggest doing diligent research before you make your own informed decision.

For example: the "fastest" Alfa's seem to be running the TMC piggyback, however I believe the BMS JB4 is the best piggyback. TMC and Madness are about the same, but only the JB4 reads CANbus data for accuracy and safety, provides data-logging and real-time gauges, smooths out the idle issues, and has the ability to allow you to self-tune to your specific vehicle (MAP6 program). So that's the one I purchased.
+1 on this Bazil, in all due respect you've been asking for opinions on this on this mod and other mods on this forum and the giuilia forums and its pretty easy to decipher what is good based on your needs. The forums are pretty vocal and if there is a bad vendor out there people will voice there opinions. What you can do is just some research and key word searches its all there. You will find very few that have run multiple mods let alone all of them to give you a comprehensive comparative answer and even fewer with proven dyno'd data (other car brand enthusiast sites have had comparative dyno days but this community is smaller and because warranties are just starting to run out still young). Just read through what others have said about there experiences and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the tmc and the jb4 and i can tell you between the two the jb4 is much better for the reasons above. On both the giulia and stelvio database the jb4 has the fastest 40-100mph time and highest trap speeds of any tune, even cars with downpipes, exhast and intakes.

I get multiple limp modes with tmc at 80 to 110mph.

Jb4 on the other hand gives smooth like oem power delivery and has the capabilities above including can be used to run a hybrid turbo should you ever go that route.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
EC Phase 2 is OE smooth. Shifting in D mode is OE crisp ++. I have set up the car as they requested.
Uploading is easy to do. If you want to bring it to someone, ETG would be my choice at one of their approved facilities. Jags Gill is a genius.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the tmc and the jb4 and i can tell you between the two the jb4 is much better for the reasons above. On both the giulia and stelvio database the jb4 has the fastest 40-100mph time and highest trap speeds of any tune, even cars with downpipes, exhast and intakes.

I get multiple limp modes with tmc at 80 to 110mph.

Jb4 on the other hand gives smooth like oem power delivery and has the capabilities above including can be used to run a hybrid turbo should you ever go that route.

Thank you for your input bhvrdr and also for providing evidence to support your opinon. Based on your input i will go with the JB4 so mackdhagen dosent have to worry about me asking any more questions on ECU mods 😄

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm just sharing my own experience... I have the stelvio Q4 200hp spec. I had it at my local tuner. Stock boost is 1 bar. He took it to 1,7 bar. So I get something around 300hp...

But the thing is.... He showed me the logs when I picked the car up. Stock it had 70deg C intake temp!!! and poor lambda value. He said if he has handed over a tuned car with these bad values he would ashamed... The car is brand new with 150km on the clock...

After tuning max intake was 32C...

So imagined what would happen if i put a piggyback on it... So it would be wise to log and check temps, values if one were to go the route of piggyback

·
Registered
508 Posts
You always want to log before and after tune or piggyback. Tuners can do bad things or good things. Iat shouldn't be an issue on stock turbo but you never know unless you log. You may have air in the lt loop or other factors.

Stock lambda is great for performance and safety. It relies on safety enrichment tables. Your tuner changed it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts