Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm cross-shopping Pirelli Scorpion Winters and Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 for Stelvio QV.

Anyone have experience with both or a recommendation? Will be used mostly in dry cold weather but also in some snow/rain. Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
The reviews of the LM005 are all stating these are the best on water and weak on snow and dry. The Scorpions maybe more of a allrounder but didn't drive both. For me the best winter tires right now are the Continental Winter Contact TS 870 P and Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 .Deffinately better allrounders than both you stated above except the water performance on the LM005, which is by far the best on wet but at the expense of dry and snow..

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I found Pirelli Scorpion winters to be very disappointing. The 2 borderline weather events short of an all out snow storm that a winter tire can be most benefical at, such as slush, or dry fluffy dustings made me think of the PSW as a 3.5 season tire. I have Michelin X Ice 3 tires on my Quad and they were superb last winter. Handled the sloppy stuff almost as well as a Blizzak DMV2. If you are going to run a winter tire, run the one that can handle the unpredictable ugly stuff.
I have PSW experience on 3 tires...same experience every time. They were excellent all season tires short of winter. great on cold dry roads.

Reactions: Peter A
1 - 3 of 3 Posts