Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do i have to explaine each time to myfriends and family , why i did buy an Alfa Stelvio, instead off a BMW/Audi/Mercedes SUV???
i nottive that only a petrolhead does now the answer, and he does not need the explination. even does not need to ask that question.

For me,
this only can mean that Alfa Romeo does have a lot off work in building on his confidence here in Europe, i do think, that they still have there dubious past against themself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, but they still do not understand it?
So,
can we explaine it to a non-petrolhead?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
"its better and way more fun" or "its hot like me" or "i just have emozione".......

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
A few of us are not brand lemmings and are enjoying the differentiation of a beautifully and passionately produced machine. The Germans and Lexus spin to a different crowd.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tell them not to "Drink the Kool Aid"....Jim "Klaus" Jones is pouring...

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please explain to me why

I didn't even consider a German brand because they tend to be overpriced and have a high cost maintenance tail. BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches and Audis are great brands but I just wanted something different instead of following the crowd. Chase Bank was offering 7% off Maserati Levantes but couldn't bring myself to spend that much money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do think that they will never understand it, so i stopt explaining it,
Each time that i'm driving the Stelvio ,the car gives me that answer!!! with brings a big smile on my face!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
The short answer is “drivers know why you drive an Alfa”. The longer answer is that some people want to drive an appliance, and that’s okay. Reliable and standard transport is a necessity and it should be solid and dependable. Some people make the conscious choice to drive a washing machine with wheels. Others would rather drive something which is alive and responsive. Performance cars like Alfas are the closest you can get to riding a predator rather than a trail broken horse.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
most comments from people who do not understand the brand, are mostly about reliability?
Even my mom!!!! i think that i have to avoid here for the next 4years?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Alfa dependability was historically an issue. Realistically a modern car will never be as awful as the crap we put up with in the 80s and 90s. The brand has been the punchline of reliability jokes for 30 years, the only way to disprove it is to drive yours and hope that it does the job without complaining.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
most comments from people who do not understand the brand, are mostly about reliability?
Even my mom!!!! i think that i have to avoid here for the next 4years?
In a large way we have that idiot Jeremy Clarkson and TopGear + Jalopnik to thank for perpetuating the myth. Snarkiness in the online feeding frenzy draws attention like moths to a lightbulb. Many of the amateur reviewers in the press pool dig hard and deep for nits to pick so as to attract their 15 minutes of fame on the cheap (excluding some of the good ones TFL Car, Alex on Autos, and a few others who maintain some objectivity).

A vehicle is an emotional purchase and more fashion than reason so the cesspool of bad information and bad news gets more attention than good news in the cynical moment.

Thank God we have our Stelvios as escapes from the real world's cynicism and negativity!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
we can quote JC (topear) with his famous words,

Alfa's are a realy pain in the ..... but everyone has to own atleast ones an Alfa

that was my motivation

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've noticed there are two types of people that comment on my Stelvio. Car people (and by this I don't even mean they have to be straight up gear heads or anything, they just think cars are cool as opposed to transportation) and everyone else. The car people appreciate the Alfa and tell me nice car and proceed to ask a bunch of questions about it, the other people ask why I didn't get an X5 instead. I just tell those people I test drove all the brands and the Alfa was the most fun to drive for me, which is what I wanted, and it's more similar to a Porsche Macan or Jaguar F-Type than a BMW/Audi.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its just a lack of familiarity with the brand and I'd try not to take it too personally. There is no rationalization for taste and everyone likes/dislikes things for completely different reasons. Not everyone wants to be another X5 sheep on the road.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I LIVE/PRACTICE IN AN ITALIAN NEIGHBORH0OD THAT HAD AN ALFA DEALER YEARS BACK SO SEEING MY STELVIO ARRIVE HAS BROUGHT NOTHING BUT JOY TO THE AREA. Sorry but my caps lock key is possessed. **** this car is pure joy and fun. It is so not an SUV by the way it drives but it hauls the trash as well as ass!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts