Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spoiler: At about $25K lower sticker the Stelvio held its own and looks very good in the video vs. Velar (diesel version). Overall a pretty flattering comparison even if apples and bananas. Great to see the car tested in this way as for most of us, winter handling and traction was a concern.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Where do I get this job :) Driving 75K vehicles off road!!

The video is cool.......The Stevios traction control system was impressive.....

Probably never will test my TI Sport offroad ( I have a GMC for that)....but with regard to snow I did have the opportunity to work the traction control in 6 inches of powder and the Alfa was badass.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smunger: That was the best part for me- Q4 acquitted itself perfectly in a pretty extreme circumstance + the Stelvio looked great in comparison- for most of us (me coming from Quadratrac II), it is very gratifying as it was my one and only reservation (no diff lock, no low range). Driving last night in freezing rain with snow it did great. And the ultimate test for me last evening it traversed our 1/8 mile steep icy driveway perfectly with nary a shudder or hesitation. I could barely walk down this morning to get the paper. If I'd have seen this video prior to purchase we would have had no trepidation whatsoever + are totally satisfied at this point.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another surprise + delight issue is in Normal mode if you push it there is a slight delay transitioning which gives enough feedback to feel the road condition and know what you are dealing with (example when you flick it) - something which most systems do not allow, further numbing and isolating the driver to the task at hand and also creating a dangerous overconfidence - nigh ignorance - to the driving experience. Grazie, Stelvio, for adding to the drive experience. Sort of a counterpoint to the age of self-driving ****.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts