Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used to get 27 average suburban driving with my Giulia but the Stelvio struggles to get 24. The Stelvio fuel mileage indicator "indicates" that this model does not coast as well without using fuel and uses more fuel to get it moving to highway speeds. The decrease in fuel mileage is probably due to more weight, heavier wheels and tires and the barn door bug collecting front end. (rarely had to clean bugs off the front of my Giulia).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used to get 27 average suburban driving with my Giulia but the Stelvio struggles to get 24. The Stelvio fuel mileage indicator "indicates" that this model does not coast as well without using fuel and uses more fuel to get it moving to highway speeds. The decrease in fuel mileage is probably due to more weight, heavier wheels and tires and the barn door bug collecting front end. (rarely had to clean bugs off the front of my Giulia).
3 MPG difference doesn't seem far off when you consider the added height and weight. evEN aLFA'S OWN PUBLISHED NUMBERS SHOW A 3 mpg decrease in HWY miles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was able to get 25.4 mpg on a short roadtrip a couple of weekends ago, in the Quad, on the advice of keep it under 75 and lay off acceleration to pass people. Not a ton of fun to drive that way, but was curious how high I could get it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with the barn door bug collector, my whole front end is covered!

·
Registered
49 Posts
At just 2,000mi, my wife is getting 27-29mpg (measured by distance and pumping volume, not the car's display) during her rush-hour stop-and-go commute. We're both pretty impressed because that's better than her Saabaru she traded in on the Stelvio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m impressed with the 29+ MPG I got on a drive from Boston to NYC. Have you all seen numbers this good? City driving knocks it down quite a bit.
Seems impressive. On a Dallas to Houston and back trip I never got more than 25 mpg..I was driving around 90 though in the N mode. Maybe have to be in A mode and be at 70-75

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same experience. Getting about 26 on mixed highway/side street commute. In the Saabaru 9-2x I had, and the MB C300 that followed, about 24 mpg. (and I have less highway % now) I did try to drive it for a full tank like a Prius and see how high of an MPG I could get. It was averaging into 28-29. I just couldn't keep the experiment going. I was afraid I was breaking the car's spirit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have gotten 26.0-26.5mpg several times driving between the middle of Ohio and the middle of West Virginia, in D mode, at 10mph over the posted speed limit most of the way. Normal daily drive is 70+ miles round trip every day, I'm getting 24-25mph now that I have hit 14,000+ miles since December of 2018 when I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Last tank City/Hwy 572 Km 55L (not slow lol) so 355.42 Miles on 12.09 CDN gal = 27.55 MPG or using 14.52 USA gal = 24.47 MPG
I have got has high as 32 MPG (CDN)

·
Registered
348 Posts
29.3 is impressive. Best I have seen is 28 and I had to "baby" it below 80 in "N". After 23K my average is generally 22 - 23. "D" mode, Go Pedal, and ECM piggyback probably are not helping :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts