Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Ocra GT Q4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was with a friend after work for a drink and I saw this MDX in the lot a few cars down. Not as beautiful as an Ocra GT Stelvio... But.. Bless their hearts.. Acura tried....
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I think Acura styles thier cars the way they do for short people.

My sister is 4ft5 and she really loves them because they look so aggressive and mean. Basically my theory is really short people are afraid of most things because the entier world is so big. However, driving an Acura evens the playing field.... Now they look aggressive and scary.

I also say this because the lady down the street with an Acura is maybe 5ft nothing, and while she can barely see over the steering wheel.... She deeply love's her Acura. Washes it more then I do my car... Which is bad on my part.

(Ps, I'm joking, my sister really is 4ft5 and loves Acura's though. Same with the lady down the street)

·
Registered
'22 Ocra GT Q4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I prefer more curves, rather than the more distinct creases and hard lines.
here's the improvement. below is 19 vs. 23
View attachment 26786 View attachment 26787

Indeed. I think the curves invoke more passion, less clinical... The '23 Acura is better IMHO, but I felt the color was a rip off of the Alfa. Perhaps they had it first, Acura wasn't on my list of potentials when I bought my Alfa..The shot I took makes it look like an Audi and an Alfa had a love child...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Everyone says they love the looks of my Stelvio. For me it's hard to acknowledge that faint praise although, of course I agree. But the Stelvio is like a Kardashian; beautiful coming at you a little too much going away. But my response is always the same, "I bought it for the way it drives and performs on the road, any road, and its appearance is just icing on the cake."

·
Registered
61 Posts
The straight lines on Acura are confusing and don’t really come together from a design standpoint. I see the same jumbled lines on GM vehicles. Audi does a better job but result is still, well, boring. Nothing comes close to the Alfa. agree w alfaoffroad in that my sister might drive an Acura, but not me.

·
Registered
'22 Ocra GT Q4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everyone says they love the looks of my Stelvio. For me it's hard to acknowledge that faint praise although, of course I agree. But the Stelvio is like a Kardashian; beautiful coming at you a little too much going away. But my response is always the same, "I bought it for the way it drives and performs on the road, any road, and its appearance is just icing on the cake."
Amen! My friend with a Trackhawk couldn't believe how light it is in comparison. He hasn't been in it, but yeah. People don't always get how great the Stelvio is on the road.

·
Registered
'22 Ocra GT Q4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MDX was never on my list when I was considering what to buy. Even in that color, that's a no from me. When I finally drove a Stelvio Quadrifoglio, I knew that was the one to buy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts