Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on buying a Stelvio should look at the FCA Affiliate Program for an excellent price. You can join a non-profit like TREAD LIGHTLY for $100.00 and then wait 30 days. You'll get a special #. Afterwards, you'll be able to buy a Stelvio at 1% below factory invoice, plus a $75.00 doc fee. Alfa dealer cannot charge you for prep, either. All 3 Alfa Romeo dealers where I live were participants with the Affiliate Program when I bought my car 2 weeks ago.
In addition, you can still get the "Conquest Cash" that Alfa Romeo is offering on the Stelvio!
The dealer still makes money, since I think there is a 3.00% dealer holdback that he gets directly from FCA/Alfa Romeo. And, any F&I money, ding and wheel insurance, etc - that he can sell you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoCal Stelvio

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
1% of MSRP is still substantial, more so if you go for higher trims or add on optional features. Thanks for the heads up!
I think you should save at least $400 this way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
discount off MSRP

1% of MSRP is still substantial, more so if you go for higher trims or add on optional features. Thanks for the heads up!
I think you should save at least $400 this way.
Actually, the MSRP of my Stelvio TI Sport was $52,290
Factory invoice price was $49,239
Less 1% below invoice = <$492>
= $75.00 doc fee = Total = $48,821
Less: Conquest Cash <$1250.>
Less: N.A.R discount < $500>

Selling price $47,071 plus tax and tags
That came out to $5,219.00 off MSRP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
$7K discount

Just to add to the conversation. I found the Alfa dealer in Morrow, Ga has Stelvio Ti's showing $7K off MSRP on-line.
I took a couple of screen shots of the MSRP - $7000 = selling price and sent to salesman in Virginia. He told me he went to the GM and the GM said it was a legitimate offer so they would match. I'm eying one in-transit but might hold out for the TiLusso with Crema interior if I can ever get them to answer what the heck "late availability means."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Couldn't wait for the Lusso model. Finalizing the paperwork on a Rosso red Ti tomorrow. $7K off $53,200 sticker and 0% interest for 48 months. They met my price for trade-in and the $7K off MSRP so I'm pulling the trigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Just to add to the conversation. I found the Alfa dealer in Morrow, Ga has Stelvio Ti's showing $7K off MSRP on-line.
I took a couple of screen shots of the MSRP - $7000 = selling price and sent to salesman in Virginia. He told me he went to the GM and the GM said it was a legitimate offer so they would match. I'm eying one in-transit but might hold out for the TiLusso with Crema interior if I can ever get them to answer what the heck "late availability means."
I want to wait for the Lusso model as well but I can only guess these current incentives will disappear. I am going into my dealer to test drive this week after some delays and my salesperson said their manager said Stelvios will now be shipping with Car Play! Yay. But I'll wait to talk to them directly when I go in to confirm that's actually the truth :smile

I would bet you see some deeper discounts on the Stelvios in stock now without Car Play when the new ones ship with it...

I also see 0%financing (I am buying not leasing) for 48 months and under.. Good deals out there it seems if you are flexible (which I am not I will be ordering)

No word from my dealer on the timing for Lusso :sad Ill try to wait it out if I can but if a great deal comes my way I could deal with a TI sport I guess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I just said to **** with it and I'm biting the bullet. I really want the Quad so I thought I'd buy the Ti (and not wait on the Lusso) and drive it for two years and then buy the Quad. Great plan until the wife said she wanted to be on the title also. (I'm over 60 so now we think of everything in terms of property and Probate Court down the road.) She wants to buy the extended warrenty. I plan to buy the Quad before I need the extended warrenty. That should be a fun conversation tomorrow..............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
I just said to **** with it and I'm biting the bullet. I really want the Quad so I thought I'd buy the Ti (and not wait on the Lusso) and drive it for two years and then buy the Quad. Great plan until the wife said she wanted to be on the title also. (I'm over 60 so now we think of everything in terms of property and Probate Court down the road.) She wants to buy the extended warrenty. I plan to buy the Quad before I need the extended warrenty. That should be a fun conversation tomorrow..............
:smile Good plan. This will be my first alfa if I decide to buy it and if all goes well I would look into the Quad in a year or two as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I want to wait for the Lusso model as well but I can only guess these current incentives will disappear. ...
I would bet you see some deeper discounts on the Stelvios in stock now without Car Play when the new ones ship with it...
I think the incentives will help December sales, but I still expect to see they'll have 4 or 5 months of inventory when I look at updated sales and inventory in early January (see other thread).

My guess is they may lessen the incentive in January, but add them back in February. They may even need to get more aggressive if inventory is still high.

It'll continue to be a competitive environment. Come February, the Q5, SQ5, XC60, MDX Sport Hybrid should be plentiful at dealers; along with news on the '19 Infiniti QX50, '19 RDX (Turbo and/or Sport Hybrid?), and maybe CX5 diesel.

I love the Stelvio driving dynamics. I want to at least have the choice of Lusso and Apple CarPlay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
$7000 off MSRP

Couldn't wait for the Lusso model. Finalizing the paperwork on a Rosso red Ti tomorrow. $7K off $53,200 sticker and 0% interest for 48 months. They met my price for trade-in and the $7K off MSRP so I'm pulling the trigger.
WOW!!! That's THE deal of the century if you got the $7k off the factory MSRP.

Was it a demo?

What are the details>? Can you post the MSRP and anything else pertinent?

New comers to this forum would likely appreciate any intel so they can get the same discount from their local Alfa dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
WOW!!! That's THE deal of the century if you got the $7k off the factory MSRP.

Was it a demo?

What are the details>? Can you post the MSRP and anything else pertinent?

New comers to this forum would likely appreciate any intel so they can get the same discount from their local Alfa dealer.
He had a trade-in and that makes the discount a bit murky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
the alfa dealer in Atlanta has a new one at 6300 off msrp. I'm mulling over that one. I also got a coupon for USAA for another $1k off.
I'll definitely be using that Atlanta dealer as a reference when we start shopping. I go to Atlanta regularly for work and used to live there. In fact, if I have to, driving or flying up to pick a car up is not a big deal.
 

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Thinking... all... We are very satisfied with our deal (and Volvo wouldn't budge a dime). The first units didn't have sunroofs + I intentionally didn't want one (can't get XC60 without one) on ours for several good reasons but also none of the cars we looked at had the Apple Car Play or Android feature. This suits me just fine, but one possibility is they are pricing the early cars extra well to move them out and turn over the inventory- I would do exactly the same thing. Suits me just fine-- I don't depend on those tech features and have full access to my Hub perfectly fine for our needs; the standard phone connection works well and has all the features we could want.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
This car had been on the lot since September. I don't know how many are actually on the lot, my guess is 30 and their web site says 54 on the lot or in-transit.

The MSRP for the TI was $53,200. I told them I would give them $46,200 for the car (there's the $7K off MSRP). I did have a trade-in and looked at Kelley BB, Edmunds and came up with what I felt was a fair price for my trade-in; therefore, I told them I would pay $46,200 for the car and wanted XXXX for my trade-in. If they could agree to both numbers I would buy the car. They wanted to think about it over-night, I said fine.

They called me the next day and asked how quickly was I willing to do the deal if they met the numbers. I told them I could be at the dealership by mid-afternoon and would write them a check. (I did wind up financing since they had 0% interest going right now.)

The car does not have Apple play but that didn't matter to me. It does have the upgraded sound system which is nice.

I thought they might "deal" since this was "not the newest technology" and they might get stuck with the car that didn't have Apple Car Play.

The car had 48 miles on it when I bought it. I put 20 of those miles on it.

Again, I found the dealer in Morrow GA who showed on his web site $7K off MSRP (my mother lives in Morrow GA) so I told the Richmond guys I'm in Morrow about every 8 weeks so if they couldn't match the screenshot I saved and showed them I would fly to Atlanta, buy the car on my next trip and drive it back.

The GM told me when I was closing on the car that this was the second one they've sold in Richmond VA. Not sure why only two out there but the dealer was hungry to move inventory and I'm happy with the deal. I guess that's all that matters - and the car is a load of fun to drive. I'm being very gentle with it now for break-in but I'm looking forward to hitting the 500 mile mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Additionally, I asked the sales guy to let me know when he got a Quad on the lot. He said they expect their frist Quad in June and he would call me the minute it unloaded off the truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
for what it's worth, if you plan on trading your present vehicle, try going to CARMAX for an outright buy price.

I had a Land Rover Evoque so naturally I went to to my local servicing dealer - Land Rover of San Diego for a buy price. I was totally blown away that CARMAX gave me exactly $3,000.00 MORE than the Land Rover dealer did! EXACTLY, 30 days later, lol!!!
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top