Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be of use to some folks. I purchased my Quad on Wednesday, used with 2200 miles on the odometer for 68500$ I feel like that was a pretty great purchase price. Still smells new, no damage anywhere, one small scratch on a rim. Car was originally sold October 2018 so the warranty has just started. I will likely purchase an extended warranty in a year or so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats to YOU!
I have seen similar low prices on Ebay. Do they know something we don't?

Lets hope this is a short lived trend!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice. Can you get extended warranty on the Quad? Thought that was for 4 cyl models only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ouch, I'v been considering trading my Jeep Rubicon for a new Stelvio QV, $84K window sticker offered to me for $80,000... I have put 2,200 miles on my Rubicon and it'll cost me $4,000 in total loss... I think I'll keep my eyes out for a used QV based on what they're going for with only a few thousand miles.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. How did you happen upon it? Is that with the Sparco seats and carbon disc brakes? :) Seriously, though (or maybe it did!), what options did you get with that car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think it has all options except for the CCB and the Race seats.

the Quads don't seem to have the "swing your foot" hatch opening sensor, probably because of the muffler. Otherwise she's loaded up, sunroof and all.

* msrp was $86xxx

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I think it has all options except for the CCB and the Race seats.

the Quads don't seem to have the "swing your foot" hatch opening sensor, probably because of the muffler. Otherwise she's loaded up, sunroof and all.

* msrp was $86xxx
$17.5K Discount, only 2200 mi. Nicely done!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds exactly like my car save for the fancy red paint job. Congrats! You done good. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The seller must have taken a big loss so one has to wonder why he/she was so motivated. What is the backstory? Or is recouping perhaps 80% of the purchase price considered about right for a not even one year-old car with low miles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The seller must have taken a big loss so one has to wonder why he/she was so motivated. What is the backstory? Or is recouping perhaps 80% of the purchase price considered about right for a not even one year-old car with low miles?
Yea, makes me wonder as well. I'm seeing them listed in the low to mid $70's on Auto trader and cars.com... Nothing (with this low of miles) in $60's..?

·
Registered
79 Posts
RTuscano, I purchased a used Stelvio Sport 2018 with a build date of 7/17. It had 16K miles and needed one more recall done. I got on this site and the Mopar site ASAP to get updated info, locate the servicing dealership (an hour away) and reach out to AR customer service to update owner info with them. To date, only issue I've had was a "freak out" of the infotainment system after a brushless car wash. See my post on car wash freak out. Luck of the draw, role of the dice for any car purchase be it new or used. The dealership and AR customer service were really wonderful and I'm glad I pulled the trigger! My Stelvio is loaded with everything I ever wanted (except ventilated seats) and I would have screwed up ordering it new. Enjoy the thrill of the drive!

·
Registered
330 Posts
No Stelvio comes with "foot waving hatch release" or "ventilated seats"....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Clear title ? Not salvaged ? Not a Buy Back ?

Why the return ? Sounds like you got a great deal .....enjoy and Happy Motoring....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe AR should add ventilated seats! On a hot summer day those things are awesome. Would go great with sunroof open, windows down and zooming down the freeway. Just saying. . .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Clean title, no salvage. Original purchase was in South Florida in October. Still has the new car smell. Original buyer turned it in and the selling dealer bought it at an auction. Seems like someone just bought the top trim level without knowing what it was. No one mentioned ventilated seats I believe. When I looked through the manual there is a section that describes waving your foot under the rear bumper to activate the hatch, "if so equipped." Like many other quad owners, mine had a regular stelvio manual/handbook in it. It also mention in the manual that some stelvios have a writing pad sensor on top of the menu rotary dial. Mine doesn't have that either.

Now i am up to 2400 miles and waiting for my weathertech floormats to arrive today and the dog cargo cover tomorrow! Poor pup does't understand why he can't ride up front in this car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ouch, I'v been considering trading my Jeep Rubicon for a new Stelvio QV, $84K window sticker offered to me for $80,000... I have put 2,200 miles on my Rubicon and it'll cost me $4,000 in total loss... I think I'll keep my eyes out for a used QV based on what they're going for with only a few thousand miles.

Thanks for the info!
You can buy a new Stelvio QV for $10-12k off MSRP up here in New England.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think prices are down a bit. I bought my '18 Quad new in December for $73 OTD. Fully loaded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got $13,500 off a fully loaded QV last night. No carbon seats, no CCB. But everything else. $71,500 for brand new Alfa Rosa. I paid $73,500, since my wife wanted the fancy white.

So $68.5K used with 2200 miles seems right in line.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts