Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the consensus about purchasing your vehicle when the lease is ending? I have a 2019 Stelio Ti Sport with 35k. It has been flawless. The buy out in February 2022 is about 25k. Should I buy it out and keep it until the factory warranty ends. It seems that they are selling for more money than that. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Feels like a yes to me. You probably locked in the buyout well before the chip shortage and huge spike in car prices. Run some comps on similar used Stelvios in your market (or wider since the pickings will likely be very slim in your area---or any area) on Auto Trader, Carfax, True Car, and cars.com. That will give you a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo stelvio 2.0 Ti sport awd
58 Posts
That price seems reasonable if the car not giving you no issue buy it out and sell it before or alittle after the warranty is done I bought a 2018 ti sport it has about 4 months of factory warranty left and a year of power train warranty left planning on selling it sometime by next year

·
Registered
28 Posts
If i was u, sell it and upgrade to a QV. They selling used ones for 35k-44k rn lmaoooo. Absolutely insane

·
Registered
58 Posts
If i was u, sell it and upgrade to a QV. They selling used ones for 35k-44k rn lmaoooo. Absolutely insane
Where do you see used qv’s for 35 40K ? 👀 cheapest one I came across was $58K a 2018

·
Registered
28 Posts
Misunderstanding, saying if i was him, sell his TI sport for 35k-40k which will be a 15k-20k profit. Use that money for a down payment on a QV lmaoo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Misunderstanding, saying if i was him, sell his TI sport for 35k-40k which will be a 15k-20k profit. Use that money for a down payment on a QV lmaoo
That’s what I’m planning on to do lol there’s is about 14K profit if my sell my ti sport plan is to put that Down payment on a 2018 19 qv stelvio

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti
477 Posts
My situation: My 2019 Ti Lusso with 20K miles and a lease buyout of $34,615. How do I determine if it is worth doing the buyout/sell tactic? Or should I simply turn it in since the lease is up now and my 2022 just arrived?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ur buy out is 34k?? Damn that’s pretty damn high man. At least compared to what i got offered. Granted i got very lucky. 38k for a brand new ‘20 Stelvio sport. Buy back is 22.9k. I did get a steal so idk if it’s comparable then

·
Registered
91 Posts
Buy out is the residual value of the car. It is set by the manufacturer. It is usually not negotiable. Its higher on a 24 month lease than a 36 month lease. Depending on where you live you will probably have to pay sales taxes on top of the buy out. Ally bank does not allow you to just trade in the car anymore. I heard that they may let you trade in for another alfa but i dont think thats accurate.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
It isn't just Ally. Most of the banks are changing terms and procedures to stop people from being able to take advantage of any value that may exist in a leased car. The banks are "tired" of seeing evil, greedy consumers make money on cars they don't technically own.

All part of the changes happening in the auto industry...such as Mercedes and BMW announcing to share holders they will create artificial shortages of their vehicles after the pandemic ends..because they figured out it's possible make way more money by having limited supply...the new goal is to make one less car than they can sell, so demand will always exceed supply, ensuring high profits.

The times..they are a'changin'...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I guess some people dont mind overpaying..in my area some dealers mark up the msrp by several thousand dollars and then give you a rebate for some of it. Wtf? They give you a rebate but in the end you still paying more than msrp.
Although at my local alfa dealer fat discounts are still the norm i think, they have about 100 new alfas in stock..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought my 2018 TI Sport at the end of my lease for $26,300 at the end of July. The car only had 18k miles and 1 year of warranty left. A new lease was going to be at least $100 more a month. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought my 2018 TI Sport at the end of my lease for $26,300 at the end of July. The car only had 18k miles and 1 year of warranty left. A new lease was going to be at least $100 more a month. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.
You made the right choice and the price seems Very reasonable too

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the consensus about purchasing your vehicle when the lease is ending? I have a 2019 Stelio Ti Sport with 35k. It has been flawless. The buy out in February 2022 is about 25k. Should I buy it out and keep it until the factory warranty ends. It seems that they are selling for more money than that. Your thoughts?
I think I will have to purchase my 2019 RWD. Got mine on a 2 year lease which is up in April. I have less than 8k miles on it and the chances of finding something that is not super inflated in price is rare. I'd love to sell mine and get a Maverick. At this point there is positive equity in the car, so lots of options. I also have Ally and was wondering if it's possible to buy straight from the bank.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think I will have to purchase my 2019 RWD. Got mine on a 2 year lease which is up in April. I have less than 8k miles on it and the chances of finding something that is not super inflated in price is rare. I'd love to sell mine and get a Maverick. At this point there is positive equity in the car, so lots of options. I also have Ally and was wondering if it's possible to buy straight from the bank.
A Maverick? You mean that old Ford compact from the 70's?

I heard from others here that you can only do an Ally lease/buyout through a dealer. The last time I tried that with my Mazda CX-5, the dealer tried to stiff me with a $1600 transaction fee, so beware. I ended up buying straight from the bank (Chase) with no transaction fee, but that was in 2019.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Maverick is a new hybrid small truck.:) I realize though that the Stelvio has just about ruined me for other cars. I'm gonna make a call to Ally and see what options I have. I've not heard good things about them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The Maverick is a new hybrid small truck.:) I realize though that the Stelvio has just about ruined me for other cars. I'm gonna make a call to Ally and see what options I have. I've not heard good things about them.
Got it! Funny, I hadn't heard of this new truck by Ford, but the day after my post, I saw it mentioned in the latest edition of CR. You're right though, seems like a very different auto experience than a Stelvio.

Late edit: I'd be interested to know what the response from Ally was because my lease is up in Aug. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
How much was it to finance the purchase?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts