Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Touched everything up, replaced the headlight that got trashed by a trucker too lazy to tarp in June... not three weeks later another truck full of gravel trashed my paint and the same headlight. Got the windshield this time. Since my insurance is sticking me with deductible for the glass they win the grand prize of painting the entire front clip of my car. At least the body shop can’t possibly apply worse than factory durability. That literally isn’t possible.

In the meantime I’m stuck in a fleet Kia. Anyone who complains about our Alfa interior? I challenge you to rent or test drive a Kia Optima FX or LX. It’s just awful.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$4k in paint damage because some guy didn’t want to press a button. Twice in the same six months. I also live in an area with more concrete and asphalt plants per capita than anywhere in the country.

The Kia does have ACP and a touch screen! I adore leaning across the car to select something while not looking at the road. I miss my fake iDrive wheel the most.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Was insurance company notifed of trucking company responsible? They will go after them as its one of their major liabilites

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Notified but since the trucker didn’t stop and they are “independent contractors” the plant responsible refused any liability.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yeah....thats cause the "gig economy" is best for workers...not corporations....right....uh..huh...

Seriously sorry.

In refusing liability they also probably didn't tell you what drivers logged in as being in that area either did they? ....they have mileage, time and location records on every load. So they can figure out who is responsible if a load is messed up or delivered late...seems like they could give you the name of "independent contractor"

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
White truck, grey bed. Two tag axles. Company logo contains grey letters with dark (possibly blue) shadow and the letter M. Last seen rushing to get a load from Valley Asphalt (as in I saw them pull in). But that little “stay back 500 feet” sign is useful when they pass you at +25 of the limit. Mind you that was the first one where my insurance wasn’t involved.

Second one was grey, couldn’t tell who they worked for since they were ahead of me and didn’t pull off when I did to inspect my glass for road worthiness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts