Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I haven't seen a 1/4 trap speed on a "tuned" 2.0 (giulia or stelvio) which would indicate any great increase over stock horsepower - yet. useability and butt dynos are different, and the various tunes may be highly satisfying from those points of view.
I expect we won't see that (110+ mph trap speeds) until someone changes the turbo itself - or does something electronic which puts this engine into hand grenade mode.
I should be hitting the track this spring, need to finish one more mod in the exhaust (shouldn't make a diff.), i'll post trap speeds. Just need to get a helmet since for sure it will be in the 13sec area, hopefully 12's.

·
Registered
360 Posts
@lost1750GTV Hand grenade LOL, yeah we don’t want that, fart can exhausts, multi-color LED accent lights, spinner hubcaps and pistons flying through our pricey aluminum bonnets. Just a solid 50-100mph run on the Merrit Parkway?

Reactions: ViscontiVerde 164L*

·
Registered
360 Posts
I didn’t get a Stelvio for track days, but am interested to see what other folks can do. I would be worried about temp management for various systems. The traction control system is gonna smoke the brakes, perhaps, along with higher speeds on a tuned car. Tires, tires and more tires please for fast track run.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
New turbo, remove or replace the cat, heat shielding and other basic stuff (coil packs, reinforcments, etc)...at some point the gear ratios, especially at the differentials might become an issue...

Truth is, it would probably cost so much to make the 2.0 Quad fast...a Quad would be cheaper... and more reliable. Not nearly as "cool" though....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'm just happy with the "Veloce" model I have created. I have no need for a stiffer DD all winter. I consider my car a bit sleeper...probably due to the nutjob behind the wheel...don't poke the bear...

·
Registered
360 Posts
With the price of a used Stelvio 2.0 incredibly cheap, your modifications are a good roadmap for a real bargain performance suv/cuv/big hatchback (whatever we want to call these things). Just need to start with Ti Sport for the seats and paddles.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
A recent drive with stock tune v Phase2 reconfirmed the huge difference in performance EC has given us. MONEY WELL SPENT. Best tuning I have ever done even compared to my RRS work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is this the EC Phase 3?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is this the EC Phase 3?
That's the ec tune. You can flash phase 1 or 2. Supposedly phase 2 is for exhaust and intake cars but as we have seen they are not needed for max performance out of this turbo. People have flashed p2 without them.

Pick your poison. You'll get 30hp gain.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Talk to Toby about that please. No way in hell 30hp did all my improvements. Everyone including you think Draggy is all it and a bag of chips....doubtful

·
Registered
508 Posts
Talk to Toby about that please. No way in hell 30hp did all my improvements. Everyone including you think Draggy is all it and a bag of chips....doubtful
Draggy is about as accurate as you can get. Ive tested it dozens of times at timed tracks.

Another members Stock giulia at track this week...

The draggy data from same run...

Even eurocompulsions own acceleration data dont show much more than 20-30hp. Numbers don't lie.

I have a higher bone stock trap speed on my stelvio than any tuned stelvio has posted to date.

Theres not a single ec tuned stelvio trapping over 100mph.... including eurocompulsions own testing one.

My bone stock 40-100mph time beat eurocompulsions time by a full 2 seconds!!! And its faster than any tuned stelvio has posted to date

If your doubtful just do some acceleration runs. Do a 60-130mph. Ill be willing to bet its no faster than my bone stock 60-130

41 - 53 of 53 Posts