Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have just purchased a brand new 2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio. I love the vehicle (I had a 2018 Ti Sport before) but a few irritants prevent me from fully enjoying it. Despite their good will, the dealership does not seem to find lasting solutions to the problems.

1- On 3 occasions, the alarm system was triggered without reason (intrusion message detected). On two occasions, the battery was exhausted which required recharging (I am specifying here that this is not an accidental activation of the panic button). There appears to be a power consumption which drains the battery under specific condition. The dealer has reduced the sensitivity of the lift alarm but the problem is recurrent.
2- The previous problem disabled the option of opening hands free lifgate. The first time, the dealer changed the sensor believing it to be defective. The problem reappeared after the battery ran out for a second time. How can we reactivate this option which does not seem to come back into service after recharging the battery?
3- When cold, the remote starter does not work (which is quite ironic). It simply starts when the engine is warm. Have others encountered this problem? The dealer mentions that an update will arrive but I doubt it.

For a car of this price, it's strange that Alfa Romeo doesn't know how to correct this inconvenience.

I live in Quebec, Canada.

Thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's simple, if they have tried to fix it 3 times and not successful, it's a lemon, return it & get another car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go with above and or what battery is in the vehicle. Could be simple crap Varta battery and not an electrical issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts