Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have gotten a lease quote with a Disposition Fee of $395 and a Termination Fee of $495. I have seen a Disposition Fee before, but is the $495 Termination Fee legit?

Thanks for your help on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by the dealer that the Termination Charge is what the bank charges if you end the lease early.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
"Early termination fee" will be charged if lease ended early (normally within first half of term or so..depends on contract.)

"Termination fee" charges when lease ends. Normally only if another car is not leased/purchased or something else. Always depends on your specific contract with your specific bank and dealer.

Read your contracts. In general.

·
Registered
354 Posts
"Early termination fee" will be charged ..... Read your contracts. In general.
There are lots of contracts that we usually do not read, like hitting the I Agree button when adding software to our computers, but when it comes to auto contracts, as @ALFAOFFROAD says, read your contracts - it’s always a good thing to understand any legal documents you are party to - most of the sections are common to many types of contracts and not worth negotiating, but some parts can be negotiated before you sign.

Reactions: AlfaGal

·
Registered
354 Posts
"Early termination fee" will be charged ..... Read your contracts. In general.
There are lots of contracts that we usually do not read, like hitting the I Agree button when adding software to our computers, but when it comes to auto contracts, as @ALFAOFFROAD says, read your contracts - it’s always a good thing to understand any legal documents you are party to - most of the sections are common to many types of contracts and not negotiable, but the parts related to the specific transaction are and you can always try to add clarity to a contract via negotiation, before you sign.

Reactions: AlfaGal

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are lots of contracts that we usually do not read, like hitting the I Agree button when adding software to our computers, but when it comes to auto contracts, as @ALFAOFFROAD says, read your contracts - it’s always a good thing to understand any legal documents you are party to - most of the sections are common to many types of contracts and not negotiable, but the parts related to the specific transaction are and you can always try to add clarity to a contract via negotiation, before you sign.
This is so true and when it comes to a lease read the contract several times. Manufactures have their own contracts as do banks and credit unions that do car leases. Example MB Financial at the end of a lease has a double standard, if your trading your lease in for another lease or buy the dealer can do the turn in inspection, if your turning in the lease and walking away the car inspection is done by a third party that inspects every inch of the lease turn in and they note everything no matter how small and they even prorate tires and don`t dare have a scratch on the rims. Their normal wear and tear will always differ from yours.

If you can get a crazy good deal on your car it`s best in my opinion to buy, the good deal eats the depreciation so at the end of two or three years and you want another car you should be even so it ends up like a lease except you do not have to worry about worn tires , mileage or small scratches. I buy new cars, trucks about once a year and i very seldom lease as it`s rare for me to hold on to a car for long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I should add that zero down does not mean zero out of your pocket, zero down on a regular Stelvio depending on where you live could be 2-3k out of your pocket. Zero drive off is when nothing comes out of you pocket.

When leasing negotiate price the same as if you were buying. The depreciation predicted by Alfa Romeo at the end of your lease and the price you negotiate for the Stelvio that number between the two will determine your lease payment, unless there is a special lease deal that is better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts