Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am a new member and this is my first post; though I have been watching the forum since a too short but utterly convincing test drive in mid-November.

Before making a purchase, I researched available options and quickly discovered Alfa’s infamous “Late Availability” on a number of intriguing alternatives. Although these options are currently being built and delivered on European Stelvios, they are not yet included in the U.S. “Build&Price” app.

My question is whether anyone in the U.S. has managed to place an order through their dealer for the following options:

1) Model: Stelvio Ti Lusso (available for the Guilia at the same price as the Ti Sport)
2) Packages: Ti Performance Package ($1,500 on the Guilia, includes a limited slip differential)

Alternately, has anyone received any solid information about when either or both of these options might become available in the U. S. ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum, unfortunately I cannot help you with any of the questions. As you read along in this forum you’ll see that Alfa Romeo has not really given current or future customers any answers to questions on options or improvements. That’s pretty unfortunate, I think a lot of customers would purchase a Stelvio if more options were available. For us current owners, it would be nice if Alfa would provide any enhancements to the current models.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Agreed!

Welcome to the forum, unfortunately I cannot help you with any of the questions. As you read along in this forum you’ll see that Alfa Romeo has not really given current or future customers any answers to questions on options or improvements. That’s pretty unfortunate, I think a lot of customers would purchase a Stelvio if more options were available. For us current owners, it would be nice if Alfa would provide any enhancements to the current models.
For us current owners, and for all the drivers that want the Alfa driving experience in a vehicle less than 30 years old; with the luxury features being marketed in the US literature, and no word at all from the ALFA USA side of what to or when to expect a complete package as being advertised, even within their dealership program; this is not the kind of mystery that that reads well, which is unfortunate, since the Stelvio really is a super machine to drive... fast... :devil

Ciao

Reactions: Marco

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I tripped over a job listing on LinkedIn where Alfa Romeo is hiring a zone manager in my area. So it makes sense that as the brand ramps up, adding warm bodies is a way to improve communications. Also to be completely honest, in my association with the business side of things over the years how many salespeople are focused on finance and closing the deal absent the expected passion and knowledge about the vehicle itself-- this is an industry-wide issue, one reason why Musk is developing company stores. Many of the old car guys are dinosaurs, deeply entrenched in a business model that has too many sacred cows. I'm not judging Alfa as worse or better than some of these but the distrust and cynicism of the auto industry (epitomized by the classic car salesman in the polyester suit with gold crowns) is well earned and very difficult to undo.

Told my wife it's too bad I love my job and am so secure because being the Alfa Guy would be a great way to finish out my career!

Reactions: TiSport

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Hi all!

My question is whether anyone in the U.S. has managed to place an order through their dealer for the following options:

1) Model: Stelvio Ti Lusso (available for the Guilia at the same price as the Ti Sport)
2) Packages: Ti Performance Package ($1,500 on the Guilia, includes a limited slip differential)

Alternately, has anyone received any solid information about when either or both of these options might become available in the U. S. ?
Honestly- I'm a different kind of buyer- I wouldn't let the lack of either of these keep me from moving forward if you find everything else to like. Not one owner here has expressed regret on either of these issues and you would be denying yourself the pleasure of ownership now while the brand develops a more complete product line and fills in the voids promised in the brochure. These details cost much more than the price when you consider the aggressive pricing on current inventory. The Volvo guy told me: "That (sticker) IS the price." - and we got so much more vehicle for about $10K less when we discovered Stelvio with incentives and negotiated pricing.

The big thing to me is this: You will find lots of quibbles on here about CarPlay and frills such as the Lusso trim line but NO (as in none) major unresolved defects or issues with the vehicle itself. Keep in mind, people seek out these forums to complain to the high heavens when they are unhappy because there is nothing more obnoxious than a righteously scorned consumer. What you will notably find here is exactly the opposite.

Reactions: TiSport

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
The big thing to me is this: You will find lots of quibbles on here about CarPlay and frills such as the Lusso trim line but NO (as in none) major unresolved defects or issues with the vehicle itself. Keep in mind, people seek out these forums to complain to the high heavens when they are unhappy because there is nothing more obnoxious than a righteously scorned consumer. What you will notably find here is exactly the opposite.
I can pretty much agree with this wholeheartedly. Yes I have a few little issues I complain about (the F^**!^& parking sensors on in park!!!!), I did have my Stelvio in the ship for a week getting a new fuel pump installed with less than 1K miles on the clock, and 3 weeks after the dealer ordered the part I'm still waiting for the replacement drivers door handle to fix the little exterior lock button that jams a few times a week causing the door to not unlock immediately, but all of these issues aside, I still love to drive the Alfa!

I had my Range Rover for 3 years before this, and while that was a very good vehicle that was save two minor issues otherwise problem free during the time I had it (though I did take it in 4 times for transmission software updates to improve the shift mapping). I absolutely loved the styling of it, and despite the huge design differences in the two I sometimes find myself looking at the Alfa and I'm still not entirely sure which one I think is better looking. There is however one aspect that the Range Rover utterly pales in comparison to Alfa in, and that's the driving experience and thrill. I definitely liked the Evoque, but often when I was driving it I wished it was more engaging, more fun, more sporty, more thrilling. Behind the wheel around town it often was little more than the phenomenal sound system that made the driving experience feel special. When the snow fell in the winter sure it could illicit several minute long bouts of uncontrolled giddiness driving through conditions that you couldn't imagine it conquering, but on dry pavement it simply was not very special to drive. My very non-stock BMW Z3 roadster can illicit a smile on my face nearly anytime I'm behind the wheel. However I can't drive that every day or really even at all in the winter. The Stelvio brings that same level of pure driving enjoyment and excitement and makes it available to me all year round in any weather.

So do I wish I had the extra sport suspension package and locking dif's, sure I'm a car guy of course I do, but would I give up 6-12 months of my Stelvio waiting for them, absolutely not!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hi all!

So the answer to both your questions is "NO".
The Answer to your alternate question as of this date, is a solid "NO"!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marco (and others)

I am not surprised at the “NO” answers to my questions but, after waiting 2-1/2 months for these options to appear, I at least wanted to ask in case I might have missed something.

In order to give others something to reflect upon, I thought I might elaborate on one of my points. Why am I pursuing the Ti Lusso? One reason (not the only one) is the interior colors. The Ti Sports (and the other models) come in three current color combinations: black/black, black/red and black/chocolate. My wife hates the black/chocolate combination (and I am not particularly fond of it either); the black/red is striking, but seems to be a bit of a fad we could well grow tired of; and the black/black choice is out for the reasons noted below.

If we purchase a Ti Lusso, we add the Crema interior color option. With the Dark Oak trim, that build choice is striking and our strong preference.

Why care so much about the interior color choice? We keep our cars for a long, long time. Currently, we have three vehicles in our “fleet” with an average age of 18 years and an average of 120,000 miles. One of these is a classic 99 BMW 3-series (red, with black leather interior) from the days when BMW really did make the “ultimate driving machine”. The BMW will be staying if we get a new Stelvio. The last thing we want to do is have two “driver’s” vehicles with red exteriors or black interiors.

Finally, parking a car outside with a black interior during Virginia’s sweltering summers is never a great experience, no matter how good the A/C system is.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Communication is not Alfa Romeo's strong suit so far.
In my case I ordered when the Sport Performance Package was available here in Canada but if you look there is still no description of the feature or mention of it being available on the website so who knows what else is now able to be ordered. If you want specific information you have to call the customer service lines and hit them up on social media and keep following up.
I would think the Perf Pack should be soon if not already as it is offered elsewhere. The North American Lusso package, although there is a package called "Lusso" in the UK, has not been offered anywhere yet that I have seen and could be longer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When it comes to poor communication, at this pint it may be best to just go the old school route and leg it towards the local dealership. They'll be the ones with a full list of options and features even if the official Alfa Romeo site doesn't have them listed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
At the first opportunity I had, I looked through the dealer's inventory and scored my Volcano Black/Black/Red Interior, fully loaded for that build date Ti Sport, and I have loved every minute driving it.

It was the same from the first day I drove my '71 Spyder Veloce, and from the first day I drove my 85 GTV6. These are all race cars underneath, and freaking good looks all around - look at any Alfa and you will find something new and better in design than came before across the vehicles Alfa's introduced. Just look at what happened to the rear deck of saloons after the 164 came out.

If you gotta have the technology, I get it and think you probably have to go down to the dealer, and order very specifically, and exactly what you want through them. May be a wait, but that seems to be the way it goes. As mentioned, I saw a Giulia Quadrifoglio with Apple Carplay on the sticker, so things are happening..

Me, I'm just glad my wife asked if we could go do a few errands today before the game, which means I DO get to spend time on the roads in the Alfa today - what a SUPER day this is!

Ciao :devil

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ti Performance Package now available

Hi all!

I am a new member and this is my first post; though I have been watching the forum since a too short but utterly convincing test drive in mid-November.

Before making a purchase, I researched available options and quickly discovered Alfa’s infamous “Late Availability” on a number of intriguing alternatives. Although these options are currently being built and delivered on European Stelvios, they are not yet included in the U.S. “Build&Price” app.

New member Lisa from Florida recently ordered a new Stelvio with the Ti Performance Package.
She was told that the wait time for delivery = 4 months which sounds right. I also ordered a Giulia last spring and it took exactly 4 months to arrive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts