Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...another new Stelvio in Seattle! It began for us last summer when we went to pick up a compact rental car in France...and all they had left was an Alfa Guilia...so for two weeks we bombed across southern France loving all but the nav system.

Our Rosso Red Ti Sport replaced a beloved Audi Allroad and was in competition with a Macan. The Stelvio is amazing so far but I do have a couple quirks and questions...

Is there a trip odometer somewhere? Couldn't find it in the manual and there's no apparent button on the beautiful new dash and nav screen...

Is the extendable front portion of the Ti Sport Seats supposed to be heated as well as the back of the seat bottom and seat back? I have no heat in the extended portion...

Can you re-orient the navigation system map to "North Up" versus "Course Up"?

Why do the windshield wipers stop and then restart mid swipe every time the auto-start restarts the car?

It's a bit quirky but we love, love it!

·
Registered
536 Posts
the trip odometer is displayed in the main cluster in front of you if I recall correctly, to get to that screen you press the button on the end of the windshield wiper control stalk on right side. press it to toggle thru, to clear it, hold the toggle button down.

Can't help on the other things. I haven't noticed the wiper do what you mention during auto stop

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
There is a setting to add Trip B as well and as you toggle through the screens (button on end of wiper stalk) you will advance to associated Trip A and/or Trip B screens. Holding the button in when the associated screen is active resets it to 0 once again. Since there seems to be no disadvantage to adding Trip B, I have both active, one for tank distance and one for trip.

It is interesting to note the mpg (or kpg) associates with subject trip so you can observe the hilly vs flat route differences or per weather or with/without AC if you want. It is actually pretty intuitive if you use it a few times.

Reactions: StelvioPassing

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Sorry we have base not Ti Sport but the interrupted swipe is likely part of a reflash next service interval or if you are back to the dealer- haven't observed that yet here. There are quite a number of surprise and delight features you will discover and I do hope you grow to love your Stelvio as you find them as much as we are.

Due to number of the tech features there is a surprising learning curve- probably why they went to the expense of the video production. Quite a bit of elegant engineering in this vehicle and fresh thinking to appreciate!

Reactions: StelvioPassing

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Where is the video you are referring to?
I posted a link to the YouTube site on another thread-- Alfa Romeo USA has a series of topical 'how to' videos available that explain quite a few of the tech aspects of the car; easier than wading through the manual.

·
Registered
536 Posts
the manual says if equipped. Mine must not have it because I tried repeatedly to get it to open with my leg like in the vid at the grocery store.
I know people were looking at me like what's wrong with this dude!
Never did get it to open. So not sure what option it comes with you would think it'd come standard as the remote start, lock/unlock,remote tailgate but guess not.

Does Stelvio have hands free lift gate? I didn't know that. Is it standard or part of the tech packages (which I plan to get anyway)

·
Registered
250 Posts
the manual says if equipped. Mine must not have it because I tried repeatedly to get it to open with my leg like in the vid at the grocery store.
I know people were looking at me like what's wrong with this dude!
Never did get it to open. So not sure what option it comes with you would think it'd come standard as the remote start, lock/unlock,remote tailgate but guess not.
I thought it didn't have it for sure and was surprised to see this video..its nice feature to have I was just thinking as I was carrying a heavy bag with three sets of skis and poles to my current car after skiing and didn't want to put the clean bag down in the slush of the parking lot to pull my keys out, little foot swipe takes care of that...maybe its a late availability thing like some other features. I will have to note to ask the dealer about it..

I do know that if you have a hitch sometimes its impeded. My husbands car has it and after hitch install its hit or miss if it works...

·
Registered
534 Posts
The handsfree liftgate is going to be part of the convenience package and yes, is "late availability" .

·
Registered
534 Posts
Convenience Package with Hands-free Liftgate* — includes Handsfree Power
Liftgate, cargo compartment adjustable rail system, 115-volt auxiliary power
outlet, and cargo net

* Denotes late availability

No idea when it will come.... typical Alfa won't discuss it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Convenience Package with Hands-free Liftgate* — includes Handsfree Power
Liftgate, cargo compartment adjustable rail system, 115-volt auxiliary power
outlet, and cargo net

* Denotes late availability

No idea when it will come.... typical Alfa won't discuss it.
Thanks, another thing I will apparently have to wait for with no time frame, I definitely want that package..

They're running out of time for it to come out on the 2018's lol!
Yes, its looking like I might as well plan for MY2109 at this point :crying

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Hello all...another new Stelvio in Seattle! It began for us last summer when we went to pick up a compact rental car in France...and all they had left was an Alfa Guilia...so for two weeks we bombed across southern France loving all but the nav system.

Our Rosso Red Ti Sport replaced a beloved Audi Allroad and was in competition with a Macan. The Stelvio is amazing so far but I do have a couple quirks and questions...

Is there a trip odometer somewhere? Couldn't find it in the manual and there's no apparent button on the beautiful new dash and nav screen...

Is the extendable front portion of the Ti Sport Seats supposed to be heated as well as the back of the seat bottom and seat back? I have no heat in the extended portion...

Can you re-orient the navigation system map to "North Up" versus "Course Up"?

Why do the windshield wipers stop and then restart mid swipe every time the auto-start restarts the car?

It's a bit quirky but we love, love it!
I don't think the seat extension is heated, but it doesn't seem to bother me.

have never used my navigation, only use my phone so I'm not sure.

Both the wipers and the 12v outlets momentarily power down "by design" when the engine is being re-started. It's slightly annoying, I've asked the dealer about it, there is nothing they can do about it. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts