Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually gotten a cloned ecu for a QV? I've searched the forum but not found anyone's experience. I know euro compulsion claims that the guila tune and the stelvio are interchangeable. I am concerned about the differences with the transmission.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I called about it on Friday the 12th and their voice mail message said to leave info and they would call back. Nothing so far.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I've been watching EC posts etc on the giulia forum for a long time - they are as straight up as it gets, no hype, etc.
ask them - if there are any trans concerns with their tune, I expect they will let you know.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
EC quality has been nothing short of IDEAL!!! Their tuning is actually fully evaluated by FCA engineers! My TiSport has no tranny issues and the ZF unit is profoundly capable. For the occasional power blast a nom issue IMHO, if you track the car at high levels???? as would be the case anyways. If you drove my car, you would just think it was a better Stelvio that shifted better, had 80-110 more HP and felt like it was factory perfect.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
As long is it doesn't cause any failures, no tune will automatically void your warranty. My Range Rover dealer knows and loves it. My Alfa dealer knows and loves it.etc

·
Registered
99 Posts
Quadrifoglio Quad Tune

EC quality has been nothing short of IDEAL!!! Their tuning is actually fully evaluated by FCA engineers!

Maybe, but something seems wrong or incomplete in the Quad Tune (from EC or anyone else) when No One will really advertise it or discuss it.

I was told by EC in an Email that they were tuning one about a week ago and would report back the results. Nothing Yet and that Makes Zero Sense in my view.
Fortunately what the factory delivered is nothing short of Amazing, especially considering the 25 - 30 MPG Potential and its ability to go from 6 cylinder operation to 3, unnoticed. :eek

·
Registered
191 Posts
, especially considering the 25 - 30 MPG Potential
Tell me more about this potential, please. For cross country trips I can get close to 22mpg but my typical daily driving is around 14mpg. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind, I didn't buy this car because I was worried about fuel efficiency. But, if there is a way for me to get a balance where I can choose to play or choose to cruise at a higher efficiency, I'm definitely interested.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tell me more about this potential, please. For cross country trips I can get close to 22mpg but my typical daily driving is around 14mpg. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind, I didn't buy this car because I was worried about fuel efficiency. But, if there is a way for me to get a balance where I can choose to play or choose to cruise at a higher efficiency, I'm definitely interested.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/potential

Are you saying the factory delivered Quad does not have the Potential to get 25 - 30 MPG or are you saying that when you drive it the way you want to drive it at the speeds you want to drive - it gets far less?

I think the fuel economy threads support the fact that 25 to 30 is possible if you can keep your foot out of it and there is a direct relationship to HP demanded by the driver and fuel burned to deliver it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/potential

Are you saying the factory delivered Quad does not have the Potential to get 25 - 30 MPG or are you saying that when you drive it the way you want to drive it at the speeds you want to drive - it gets far less?

I think the fuel economy threads support the fact that 25 to 30 is possible if you can keep your foot out of it and there is a direct relationship to HP demanded by the driver and fuel burned to deliver it.
I'm saying that I don't know, hence the question. Maybe the latter part of your response is my problem then -- even when I feel like I'm cruising "economically" I'm still not really. I was more asking, given this is a Tune thread, if there was a tune available that would help with keeping the power out even when I can't keep my foot out of it. Granted the Subaru engines have been in production for a long time, but there are Cobb tunes for exactly that for the WRX/STI models that allow you to switch to an economy mode, nearly on the fly, depending on what kind of driving you want to do. But I do appreciate the link to the dictionary definition of potential, very nice touch. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Okay, it is apparently impossible to have a normal discussion on this forum. I am well aware of what A mode is and does. However, even when in A mode, with cruise control set and a 300 mile stretch of non-stop driving, I get about 22mpg. I'm okay with that, as I stated before. But if there is an option to get better, I'm interested, because why not. So when I saw a comment stating 25 - 30mpg, I inquired. If there is no additional contribution to that topic other than "don't drive so hard" or "use A mode" then we can just close the conversation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was more asking, given this is a Tune thread, if there was a tune available that would help with keeping the power out even when I can't keep my foot out of it.

I think the liability of choking the HP down that far and then having a driver Forget that he is in that mode and trying to cross a high speed highway or merge into a freeway with Substantially less HP than he or she is used to would be dangerously high.

What the factory gives us already brings an added degree of danger for the same reasons.

My apologies if I offended you with the link. I only meant to get my original point across as it was intended. :smile

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jay-Ten what speed are you driving when you get the 22 MPG?

At some point I think we Should have a deep discussion about fuel economy / tuning with these things!
What the engineers have given us is BRILLIANT and the majority of the Testers and Reviewers have completely ignored it because they were unable to keep their foot out of the throttle.

I don't know anything about the 4 cylinder but these Quads are Genius!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cruising at 80mph, but 911wings does bring a good point. I'm not completely disciplined in never touching the throttle and 100% do accelerate to pass people. I know there also can be significant differences, at all trim levels, with gas mileage based on a variety of factors.

I've got a longish trip coming up at the end of the month and plan on leaving late evening so traffic should be minimal. I'll ankle cuff my foot to the seat to leave the accelerator alone and see if I can get the higher mpg. More just a curiosity experiment than anything because the every other month where I will drive at a point of good efficiency is not going to make a difference in the overall mpg.

I've got this lovely sweeping curve that leads to a nearly mile long exit ramp at the end of my morning commute. Since I get to work at oh dark thirty it is typically empty so hitting that hard and fast is the best part of my day and I can nearly see the fuel gauge tick down with each second. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you dont need the clearance for snow etc, the lowering springs on the other thread should help some for highway cruising
That thread with the lowered QV has me very, very tempted, but I do have to deal with a good amount of snow as well as the urban jungle of pot holes and speed bumps that is a daily Chicago experience.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts