Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some runs on Dyno to verify power, torque, efficiency diagram and check some new protocols

Stay tuned, next day at Biesse Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
should be interesting - a US vendor with a linked axle european dyno is having difficulties getting proper readings, thread on the giulia forum.
they are trying to figure out if the issue is the cars software or the dynos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Marzio,

I've heard a lot of things about Biesse Racing, so cool that you can pay a visit to them and check test your car. Send some photos if possible:)

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should be interesting - a US vendor with a linked axle european dyno is having difficulties getting proper readings, thread on the giulia forum.
they are trying to figure out if the issue is the cars software or the dynos.

The big problem, not only for stelvio & giulia, is the sensors network that check the full body and chassis status of the car. If you place a new car on a standard Dyno without sync the BCM and ECM harvest strange data and place the car in recovery

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everage results after 15 launch

You can see the standard declared power and a extra torque value.

Over that you can see a graph with the rear front power transmission transfer, very interesting

@lost1750gtv you understand now why is extremely difficult run on Dyno the q4 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I saw your youtube video yesterday - did you video the actual dyno run?

oh yes, it's a problem - I used to sell dynos in california for emissions testing.
at that time AWD vehicles were exempt from the dyno testing because of the need for linked rollers and these other issues.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
thanks Marzio
my screen is too small to make out anything on the realtime display monitor - I can see that something changes, but no idea of speed /rpm or anything else being displayed.

we were doing emission testing, so 5 gas displays and following a prescribed road test protocol were the norm - but we did play with them some, and smoked one dyno while demonstrating it to customers (not good).

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Everage results after 15 launch

You can see the standard declared power and a extra torque value.

Over that you can see a graph with the rear front power transmission transfer, very interesting

@lost1750gtv you understand now why is extremely difficult run on Dyno the q4 ?
Can you explain that torque curve? looks like you're seeing the expected HP numbers (though the wheel hp seems about ~60hp lower than we would expect??) the torque is WAY above spec. What have you done & how can you explain this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts