1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
see below

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was referring to the 2 threads below yours where folks have been discussing their mileage etc. I gave a very accurate calculation based on my first 2 long trips.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
even in three cylinder mode it will be terrible - because of the wide wheels and tires, which are very bad for fuel economy.
the less than smooth hood probably won't help matters much either.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
What it's like to drive the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio

Nice review in this week's Autoweek greeted me when I got back from my trip this week.

For you, Lost: You will note in paragraph 8 it refers to 27 mpg highway in careful smooth driving, especially drafting semi's on the road and maintaining 55 mph max speed, hood louvers closed for least wind resistance and driver's arm in the car/windows up.

JUST KIDDING :devil !

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
that's a nice write up - and the giulia guys who hate suvs will hate it.

the cylinder deactivation has already served it's purpose for me; the wife got an airport ride in a caddy or lincoln with it, so was wondering if this "big engine" car I wanted had that, "yes honey, and soft suspension settings, and blah blah blah"
sometimes it's good to know about things you don't care about

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will note in paragraph 8 it refers to 27 mpg highway in careful smooth driving, especially drafting semi's on the road and maintaining 55 mph max speed, hood louvers closed for least wind resistance and driver's arm in the car/windows up.
:nerd I really must be Mr.Maggoo... didn´t find. ehehehehehhehe :grin

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
haven't even checked.
but I have figured out that it will vary greatly depending on what your "real life driving" means.
shifting manually in Alfa or lambo mode, appropriate use of throttle, hey it's gonna burn some fuel!

leave it in auto shift, it's in a much higher gear, next to no boost until you step on it, and I'm sure it's using not much at all.

in (very) briefly trying auto ferrari and aston mode, I'm sure you can get numbers to brag about - and maybe if we do a long boring interstate cruise we will, but otherwise, why buy this car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts