Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have issues with when using the backup camera in the rain? Mine seems to get all water smeared to the point where I can’t see much out if the camera

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm in the habit of doing a walk around my vehicle before I get in so in rain or winter driving conditions I just give the lens a quick swipe to clean it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Where else would you put it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know of other OEMs that will fit washer jet cleaning systems for their reversing cameras in the near future....

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I know of other OEMs that will fit washer jet cleaning systems for their reversing cameras in the near future....

I could see the camera mounted inside the rear glass in a small cover where the rear wiper cleans the glass. Simple design challenge however the bigger point is the current design is no better or worse than any others.

To be honest, in bad weather while the clarity changes it hasn't been an issue for me. Wonder what snow and slush does with the sensor for driverless cars?

Reactions: Peterpan

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Ford Ranger pick up is just the same. If they're exposed on the back of the vehicle there's little you can do except get used to giving it a wipe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
RREvoque has the same problem: the camera is located near the rear plate light and tends to get dirty very easily in snow and rain.

·
Registered
79 Posts
To be fair my C220 coupe had it's camera exposed from behind the badge which would flip up when in reverse. I still had issues with water drops and smearing. I think a hard thing to get around no matter where or how it's located

·
Registered
478 Posts
I keep a bunch of old bar mops (towels) in the bin on the right in the cargo area to wipe down the camera and wipe the black crap off my tail pipes. I’ve just gotten in the habit of wiping down the camera before backing out in the rain.

Reactions: Diego72
1 - 12 of 12 Posts