Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
Have any if you used a fuse-splitter style, hard wiring kit on your Stelvio?

I want to wire my rear dashcam to the rear fuse box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Cheers!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've done this except I used fuse taps to get power from the front fuse box instead. The rear fuse box is shaped awkwardly and I had trouble physically fitting the tap in.
What are you wanting to know?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done this except I used fuse taps to get power from the front fuse box instead. The rear fuse box is shaped awkwardly and I had trouble physically fitting the tap in.
What are you wanting to know?
How did you route the cable from the front fuse box to the rear? Did you have any issues?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My rear dash cam is power by the front dashcam. So I've powered the front one to the front fuse box and then ran a cable under the headliner from the front DS to the rear DS. I didn't bother removing panels, just tucked the cabled under

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My rear dash cam is power by the front dashcam. So I've powered the front one to the front fuse box and then ran a cable under the headliner from the front DS to the rear DS. I didn't bother removing panels, just tucked the cabled under
Damn it ok - which fuse slot do you have it plugged in to the front fuse box?

My dashcam turns off each time the engine turns off while waiting at a traffic light.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What dash cam model have you got? Do you have a power wire for constant power and ACC power? If not, looking at getting a Blackvue Power Magic Pro. They're cheap and work with any system, and it'll keep the camera powered even if the car turns off until the voltage trips at a setting you choose.

I've just dropped my car off for repair so I can't take a photo but if you read through the fuse descriptions in the manual, you can choose a fuse that would be used for constant power like the locking system and one for acc power like the windows.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What dash cam model have you got? Do you have a power wire for constant power and ACC power? If not, looking at getting a Blackvue Power Magic Pro. They're cheap and work with any system, and it'll keep the camera powered even if the car turns off until the voltage trips at a setting you choose.

I've just dropped my car off for repair so I can't take a photo but if you read through the fuse descriptions in the manual, you can choose a fuse that would be used for constant power like the locking system and one for acc power like the windows.
Yep! I have something similar, but the slot i have it plugged in right now turns off each time the engine auto stop kicks in. It is currently plugged in to the slot as below:

I just don't want it to stop each time the engine shuts off. I do have a voltage trip as well - what voltage setting do you recommend?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yep! I have something similar, but the slot i have it plugged in right now turns off each time the engine auto stop kicks in. It is currently plugged in to the slot as below:
View attachment 19877

I just don't want it to stop each time the engine shuts off. I do have a voltage trip as well - what voltage setting do you recommend?

Thanks!
Ok great. What is the power unit? And does it have wires for constant power and ACC power? If so and you're wiring to the front passenger fuse box, the constant/batt power goes to the fuse on the bottom row, 4th from the left. The accessory power goes to the the fuse on the top row 2nd from the left.

I've set my voltage trip to 12v. As it's a big battery for the start/stop system, my power unit keeps the camera powered for several days without tripping. My camera is set to record only when it senses movement so as not to put excessive strain on the battery.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI: I had to visit my local AR service center for a dead battery, and the tech said that hard-wiring the dashcam to the fusebox voids the vehicle warranty :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts