Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd day of ownership- and our Stelvio has been perfect- as I pulled into our driveway (steep with jug handle at the top) a significant clicking seems to be coming from the rear differential while turning, both sides @ the axle. Anyone have any early issues? I ruled out parking brake or braking and because it seems to be turning either way but not while straight I am not driving it and plan to have it picked up to prevent further damage. This will be a test of Alfa's and our dealer's commitment to build the reputation but to be honest it is my worst case and only reservation about being an early adopter of the new Alfa with the dealer 40 miles away. Will report back- wife is very nervous but I am optimistic all will be well but it is killing me to have our new car parked and not drivable for now. Ugh + more later.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had to admit, I needed Wikipedia's help on what a "jug handle on top" meant -

So your car is not drive-able at the moment?
Zero issues here including steep grade in/out and turning...

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Well done, stop the car, rear diff noise or toc or any other kind of sound isn't normal, warn the dealer and wait a diagnostic.
You and your wife need to make a good and relaxed test drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marzio: Thank you for your concern. My wife called Alfa and they sent a rolloff and delivered it back to the dealer (thankfully I still have my Jeep to drive). Mechanic confirmed there is a problem but that is all until morning, another day. I am trying to be calm and reasonable but it is stressful and my beautiful new car is out of service @ 250 miles on the clock. If a major problem I am going to insist to flip vehicles- there are 3 other exact matches in inventory same exact cost. In a way, my worst concern about the risk of a new brand has played out but I am trying to have faith in FCA. Will report back later.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
in the first days my car had a problem after only 384km, stay in contact with Alfa Romeo, no way, the mother of all is Alfa and only alfa can coordinate the actions.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The dealership called to inform the car is good to go. Will be great to get it back tomorrow. More on diagnosis later however it is assumed to be related to dust shields rubbing the rear disks (have to admit some skepticism on my part - doesn't add up for several reasons) but we go on in good faith and I'm anxious to get back to the elation and joy of such an amazing vehicle. When things go wrong, everybody wobbles - we too as first adopters - and communication between all parties is confusing and frustrating at times. That said, Alpha Customer Service has been a rock, calling several times to check in and greasing the wheels behind the scenes and we absolutely love our Sales Manager, Edgar Floyd. We trust the 4 years/50K miles Warranty from FCA with towing. My last GM vehicle was was 1987 and I am a loyal Mopar fanboy yet today. Let's get back to enjoying the ride.

·
Registered
378 Posts
here you go!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up the vehicle last night and problem resolved + dealer detailed the car beautifully- to perfection as a gesture of goodwill which is not lost on me. Tipo- thanks for the vid; I am stuck on cause-and-affect but once again breathtakingly in love with the design and execution of this car and the truly outstanding thoughtful elegant engineering that went into it. We intend to enjoy it completely without any trepidation as it should be!

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Picked up the vehicle last night and problem resolved + dealer detailed the car beautifully- to perfection as a gesture of goodwill which is not lost on me. Tipo- thanks for the vid; I am stuck on cause-and-affect but once again breathtakingly in love with the design and execution of this car and the truly outstanding thoughtful elegant engineering that went into it. We intend to enjoy it completely without any trepidation as it should be!

ok, now enjoy with this piece of technic

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Car is actually perfect at this point- we are loving everything about it!

Reactions: JnDRader
1 - 11 of 11 Posts