Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, our Stelvios come standard with windows tinting for the rear windows. Anyone knows what's the percentage number?

I'm thinking to have the front door windows tinted as well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The new ceramic window tints on the market block %50 or more and best of all they are transparent. They can be used on the front windshield and because they are ceramic they will not interfere with antenna reception. They are also a great choice for the sunroof, especially in hot climates. I think 3M makes them but LLUMAR is probably the best.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The new ceramic window tints on the market block %50 or more and best of all they are transparent. They can be used on the front windshield and because they are ceramic they will not interfere with antenna reception. They are also a great choice for the sunroof, especially in hot climates. I think 3M makes them but LLUMAR is probably the best.
All my tint is 20% Phantom S9 by Rayno which is a carbon ceramic film. It makes a world of difference on blocking the heat from the sun during the day. I chose not to do the windshield at a higher percent that would be transparent though because when I go on longer road trips my favorite pair of sunglasses are polarized and with ceramic tint you can see a rainbow effect which I felt would be distracting. I might still go back and do it at a later date though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I had 50% tint installed professionally on the front windshield even though I have the optional "Infrared Windshield" option. Plus the 2 side windows up front. Looks like a great match with the stock tinting ....but when I pull up to a CHP vehicle, I make sure my windows are rolled down, lol. Even when it's super hot or freezing!

Plus, I have no license plate up front since the car looks better without it. The fix it tickets for that in California is only $20.00, so no biggie.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rear windows measure at 10.6%. My local tint shop went and grabbed a second meter thinking the first one was broken. They say they’ve never seen tint this dark from a factory before. I’m probably going with 50% on the front windows and a 85% strip on the windshield. I’m actually considering IR film on the whole thing because it’s not that much more and I can get the sunroof too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
50%

You mean 5%right?
I guess 50% does not make sense at all...lol
My final invoice states 50% .....
CAR AUDIO HEAVEN 619-287-4422
San Diego, CA 92115

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe those of us that have black wheels (myself included) all had them powder coated.
Awesome thank you!

My goal is to match the tints for the whole care including the stock rears.
Depends on if you want it within your state’s legal limits. That factory glass measured at 10.6% VLT when I had a tint shop look at it. I went with limo tint sun strip on my windshield since it has IR glass and then a combination of 80% VLT “clear” ceramic on the back windows and moon roof. 50% VLT ceramic on the front two.

I’ll post pics once the tint cures and destreaks. Because it looks super nasty right now since it’s overcast and rainy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just checked on a friend of mine's Stelvio with factory tinted windows.

Rears are 10.9% VLT ...99% UV....97.2% IR.

Fronts are 74.6% VLT....64.6% UV and 81.6IR which is the same as on all mine door windows.

I am waiting for my Llumar Ceramic LATI called in EU 15% which is 18% VLT. When I installed it will measure the end result. For the front I am thinking of getting Llumar AirBlue80 or Air75...if the AirBlue has blue tint maybe I will go for the 75 even that it has a bit less TSER... our windows have green tint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts