Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per Ron’s Rides on YouTube Alfa Romeo will be recalling 11,500 units for the fear they may catch on fire. the fear is a break in the fuel line which can then touch a hot part of the car and catch on fire. Letters will not be sent out until the new year, and you cannot go in early to the dealer to have it fixed. Please becareful when driving all. Have a great holiday season.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
42 Posts
Thank you for the heads up. I was reading the comments on the Youtube page and one poster indicated it's only US vehicles built from 18 September 2020 to 29 September 2021. If that's accurate, it's a relatively small amount.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Maserati and Jeep also have recalls for similar failures currently.

The key here is that comment about smelling fuel. Be aware while you drive, if you smell gas...pull over and shut the car off. If you walk out to your car and smell gas..Don't start it.

Otherwise don't worry. The advice about smelling gas is obviously not limited to this circumstance. Anytime you smell gas in your car....don't drive it till you're sure there isn't a leak.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I find it interesting that the date range is vehicles built through September 2021, yet it covers only 2020 and 2021 model years, my 2022 was built in July 2021, I'm sure there will be more info.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good to know this. Thank you all for posting ! :) Is it 100% sure, only vehicles for the US market are eventually affected ??? We took ours on 30 September 2020 in EU , but don't know the exact production date ??? Is it possible to learn it from the VIN ? Thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Much easier just to look at the manufacturer sticker on the B-pillar after opening the driver's door. It gives the month and year it was built. Mine says 11/18 right on the sticker. If you want to use the VIN, the 10th character is used by most manufactures for the build year. I read that not all manufacturers give the build month in the VIN, just the year.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Much easier just to look at the manufacturer sticker on the B-pillar after opening the driver's door. It gives the month and year it was built. Mine says 11/18 right on the sticker. If you want to use the VIN, the 10th character is used by most manufactures for the build year. I read that not all manufacturers give the build month in the VIN, just the year.
Unfortunately, there is no such date on my sticker ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts