Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site. Have enjoyed reading some of the great feedback on how everyone is enjoying their Alfa Romeo. Also, understand how Lost felt in waiting for it to arrive.

Ordered mine on the first day. It was finally delivered last Thursday to the dealership and I received it yesterday. Wow is it fun. :devil

New Stelvio Quadrifoglio.jpg

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
congrats!
I too ordered on the first day - and have heard nothing except AR doesn't know where it is.

I like the black - the wife likes white ...

HOW FUN IS IT!!???

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Absolutely beautiful congrats + best wishes + we are so happy for you to enjoy every mile! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bada$$!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
New to the site. Have enjoyed reading some of the great feedback on how everyone is enjoying their Alfa Romeo. Also, understand how Lost felt in waiting for it to arrive.

Ordered mine on the first day. It was finally delivered last Thursday to the dealership and I received it yesterday. Wow is it fun.

View attachment 9970
Hi, do you mind if I ask when you ordered the Stelvio? I have an order placed March 3 and patiently (ok, not so patiently) waiting for delivery.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
he said "first day", which was February 8.
if there was an earlier day it's news to me, the dealers order site wasn't updated/correct then, so I cross checked with the AR France site.

I'm trying to figure out which port is closer to Colorado than Maine .... but I'm figuring mine was probably dropped into the ocean. Alfa doesn't know where it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I ordered mine on February 8th. It was shipped over (to where I am not sure, but trying to find out)then taken by rail to Denver. It sat a while in Nebraska before making it here. I know my local dealer could track it along the way. He knew when it arrived on the boat and everything. Not sure why they can't track yours.

Driving has been a blast. I am trying not to push too hard to fast! We live in the foothills outside of Denver and it has been fun driving home from work everyday. I will get it out this weekend and take some roads through some of the passes. Have not put it in Race mode yet, they recommend breaking it in a little first.

Apple Carplay is great! Makes it super convenient. The standard seat really does hug you well and keeps you snug in the turns.

My wife drove the first day and was really impressed. She has a Jaguar F Pace S Model and was floored at the power difference.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
some very nice roads out there; just watch out on the no guard rail sheer drop ones.

frigging AR can't track mine, so I can't blame the dealer for not having info.
at this point I'm just wondering if it went in the water in Italy or Baltimore.
I'm glad your wife likes it - mine likes her bmw and this will be different.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the QV club! Mine's a grey one, check my posts for some tips.

Taking mine down to the FCA test track in Italy for 2 days driving training this weekend which will be interesting...

Cheers. thebimbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks. Yes, I have read a lot of your posts. I have your settings in my pocket for the stereo to enter when I get home tonight. I will read more.

Would love to hear about your 2 day driver training.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats! looks pretty sinister

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would love to hear about your 2 day driver training.
So went down to Balocco last year in a Maserati Gransport so know what I'm in for and it is a heavy programme 8:00-17:00 on both days learning multiple sections of a track plus other high speed exercises. Unfortunately phone/cameras are not allowed as often used to test prototypes so will only a few official pics to show for it...

On Monday we are (again) heading to the AR Museum outside Milan where last year the designer of the 4C, Giulia & Stelvio gave a talk about how they developed the Giorgio platform. Well worth a visit, see here:

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/alfisti-assemble-explore-new-alfa-romeo-museum-arese

Cheers, thebimbo

1 - 20 of 35 Posts