Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Alfa Lovers!
Please share which tweeks you have tried and highly recommend in increasing the throttle response/acceleration performance for my 2022 Veloce. Not willing to void my warranty with chip changing, etc. if that is truely a possibility. Please mention the brand and model name and any parts numbers recommended and the difficulty or lack thereof in installation/ implemeting any of these recommended tweeks....Thanx gang! STELVIS

·
Registered
894 Posts
You know... I used to take off my CAI and install the original airbox before I took my car for warranty work as well as replacing the radio and amp with factory. wasn't sure if that was necessary but did it anyhow. OH... the wheels.... used to change the wheels too...I hated taking my car to the dealer for this reason. That was with BMWs. Now that i'm older, I don't mess with that anymore except... that AA/ACP module I added... ( I detached it before I took it to the dealer for an oil change):rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Are childish, arrogant, sarcastic posts targeting new comers really necessary? All they do is make one not wants to visit the forum. Grow up and remember that some members are older and not necessarily too familiar where/how to find answers to their questions. If their posts bother you that much, just ignore the post and move on to the next one. You don't even need to respond.

... Welcome to the forum, Stelvis!

·
Registered
894 Posts
I read my posts and I do see that I was being sarcastic for one of them but when that person asked for the page number for the buttons, I kinda lost it. Some are here simply to bypass learning about the car by asking people to type it for them. This actually demoralizes the actual contributors. performance enhancement, warranty issues, minor/major mechanical issues, maintenance work are the reasons why most people come here, I believe. If you don't have the time to read your manual but shamelessly asking for page numbers for you to post, is extremely selfish. Most of us don't work for Alfa and we're doing this to help each other and sometimes, argue amongst ourselves to settle the differences. Mockery and sarcastic posts are part of the process of working out the differences to make a hard point. I'll shut it down for couple months again. Have fun and welcome newcomers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
... not necessarily too familiar where/how to find answers to their questions.
Exactly. So I shared with them how to find that info. Not sure how you found that or Alfie's posts to be "childish, arrogant, sarcastic". Hey to each his own.

Ironically, you didn't answer the OP's questions. Instead you decided to make a post bashing us. If only you where as self aware as we are. Feel free to PM me, which would have been more appropriate. Don't get your hopes up though on me responding. Hopefully getting that out of your system was beneficial for you

·
Registered
500 Posts
Exactly. So I shared with them how to find that info. Not sure how you found that or Alfie's posts to be "childish, arrogant, sarcastic". Hey to each his own.

Ironically, you didn't answer the OP's questions. Instead you decided to make a post bashing us. If only you where as self aware as we are. Feel free to PM me, which would have been more appropriate. Don't get your hopes up though on me responding. Hopefully getting that out of your system was beneficial for you
I know you think you're helping, but LMGTFY type approaches are condescending even if that wasn't the intent, I agree with @marwan there.

I do respect the " we have lots of discussions on these things, grab a beverage and take a look around" comments. Like others, I do feel the folks that just come in and use the forum as their own personal Google are not about being part of the community, and my goal is to get them involved enough to stay.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
With the way things are going, I genuinely don't believe there are ANY performance mods that won't void the warranty if there is a major claim.

If you have ANY modifications, the dealer knows about - unless your dealer is specifically friendly toward modifications (they exist) expect some sort of pushback from the dealer and factory. You might not get it, you shouldn't get it.... But be prepared in case.

The ONLY exception might be a throttle modification like mentioned above, however even that.... Might be enough to cause an issue on the right (wrong) circumstance.

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know... I used to take off my CAI and install the original airbox before I took my car for warranty work as well as replacing the radio and amp with factory. wasn't sure if that was necessary but did it anyhow. OH... the wheels.... used to change the wheels too...I hated taking my car to the dealer for this reason. That was with BMWs. Now that i'm older, I don't mess with that anymore except... that AA/ACP module I added... ( I detached it before I took it to the dealer for an oil change):rolleyes:
My apologies for the ignorance or being uninformed BUT, would you be so kind as to un-abbreviate the terms "CAI" & "AA/ACP" (module)? I truly have no clue what these shortened terms mean... I am a newbie on the forum and am really enjoying the "Positive" replies and commeraderie...

·
Registered
500 Posts
My apologies for the ignorance or being uninformed BUT, would you be so kind as to un-abbreviate the terms "CAI" & "AA/ACP" (module)? I truly have no clue what these shortened terms mean... I am a newbie on the forum and am really enjoying the "Positive" replies and commeraderie...
CAI Cold Air Intake
AA/ACP Android Auto/Apple CarPlay

But one of the best things to do is just sit with a beverage and browse the assorted sub-forums for the items you're interested in, there;s a ton of information out there that others have already done the research on, they've posted it to help folks in the future.

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CAI Cold Air Intake
AA/ACP Android Auto/Apple CarPlay

But one of the best things to do is just sit with a beverage and browse the assorted sub-forums for the items you're interested in, there;s a ton of information out there that others have already done the research on, they've posted it to help folks in the future.
Thanx Dianebrat!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts