Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Red start stop button replace

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Iamten7 
#1 ·
Has anyone done a Red start stop button replace on a non-Quad Stelvio? Any videos?

#2 ·
There are some pictures on here or the giulia forums on how to do it with airbag removal.
There is another thread on how to remove the button with a pick.

I removed the button with a very skinny pick on the tabs and snapped the red one on. I used the factory red button. You have to be really careful. I taped all around the button so no scratches. things scratch easily around there.

#6 ·
I bought a factory replacement from Eurocompulsion here;

Then I took it to my dealer and had them install it for me. I know some will say, well it's easy to do yourself. Yeah well it was even easier since the dealer had the car and the mechanics with the knowledge, to leave the task in their capable hands. How this helps.

#7 ·
That reminds me of a funny story. Long time ago, I bought an axel for an old car and took it to the indy near me. When asked to install it, he said.. "Do you take your frozen patty to McDonalds and ask them to cook it for you?" Ever since then I asked him to order the parts.. just makes me chuckle...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.