Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
SO in theory, let's say at 60K miles your Alfa's oil cooler pukes all over the garage and an engine failure results and Alfa tells you "pound sand, or pay up" and you decide to "pay up" and they say "Cool, that'll be 3 months, no loaner, and $9K". How will you feel about it?
Saw this and wondered if you had been at my house recently…LOL
2018 Ti Sport 68,000 miles ZERO issues until now oil cooler puked all over garage floor. 14 days at dealer no loaner available thank goodness had MaxCare service plan was $2k+ repair and had 5 days of rental car coverage. Caught it early didn’t lose all the oil so no engine failure but quite a mess!

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
Saw this and wondered if you had been at my house recently…LOL
2018 Ti Sport 68,000 miles ZERO issues until now oil cooler puked all over garage floor. 14 days at dealer no loaner available thank goodness had MaxCare service plan was $2k+ repair and had 5 days of rental car coverage. Caught it early didn’t lose all the oil so no engine failure but quite a mess!
Yup. Many of my cars have had oil coolers. None of the forums in many years, nor any of my cars, have ever even HINTED at this kind of failure. I'm test driving an RDX today.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
Just a question sir? Are you here to troll the owners of stelvios? If you passed on the Stelvio then why still here to bash our group?
Someone was talking to me. I responded. I have no desire to bash Alfa/Stelvio. It's just a car/brand, and I'm not really concerned with it one way or another at this point.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
You didnt answer my question? Why are you lurking in a stelvio forum and adding fuel to fires when you have zero interest in owning a stelvio?
I did answer your question. Someone addressed me, and I responded on-topic. If you're not concerned with my opinions, this is good. Ignore them and enjoy your Stelvio. If you are concerned with my opinions, maybe it's because they are ghosts of your own misgivings and you need to re-examine things for yourself. Either way, I don't have anything more to add in response.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You didnt answer my question? Why are you lurking in a stelvio forum and adding fuel to fires when you have zero interest in owning a stelvio?
If it's the same person I ignored ages ago, it's because they get their jollies trolling folks here and thrive on the chaos they create, so just use the ignore button and all of a sudden you have peace and quiet in the forum.

If you ignore the troll and no one responds to their posts they have no reason to stay, unfortunately people keep feeding the troll and they live under the Stevlio bridge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it's the same person I ignored ages ago, it's because they get their jollies trolling folks here and thrive on the chaos they create, so just use the ignore button and all of a sudden you have peace and quiet in the forum.

If you ignore the troll and no one responds to their posts they have no reason to stay, unfortunately people keep feeding the troll and they live under the Stevlio bridge.
yes I have done so. Ive seen this guy posting nearly everyday but its never nice and he doesnt even own or want a stelvio. Why dont mods just remove him?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Because we believe in free speech and no cancel culture BS. He responded to CEC33, who addressed him. If you want him to stay off the boards, quit asking him questions or addressing his prev posts. He said he was done here, but not if we keep pulling him back in.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yes I have done so. Ive seen this guy posting nearly everyday but its never nice and he doesnt even own or want a stelvio. Why dont mods just remove him?
That's not what mods are for, the troll is very good at not crossing the line and making others step over the line, I've worked with this kind of troll before, just ignore them and they get no satisfaction and they go away.

A community needs to welcome people, even if they're a'holes, but when they cross the line, yeah they should get booted.

Best way to make them go away is put them on ignore and not interact with them, they don't get their satisfaction and have no reason to stay.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Veloce 2.0 Petrol Q4
365 Posts
Yup. Many of my cars have had oil coolers. None of the forums in many years, nor any of my cars, have ever even HINTED at this kind of failure. I'm test driving an RDX today.
I thought you were totally opposed to test drives since it wastes valuable seller time.

You seem to be test driving more, lately.
Returned your new CX-5 even faster than you did your RAV4?

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
288 Posts
I thought you were totally opposed to test drives since it wastes valuable seller time.

It’s my understanding that forums like this are NOT clique fanboy factories but rather a venue for honest conversation on a variety of relevant topics including reliability concerns, market alternatives, etc..

But ad-hominems add little value to a topic titled “reliability concerns” or to any other topic that comes to mind...And if I had spent more time on this forum prior to buying i might have hesitated on the purchase: with a narrowing member base singing it’s praises and censoring the faults what’s the future hold for product improvement and long term brand viability/expansion?

When you post anything, realize that your motive for doing so, whether it be value-added or value-free, is going to be transparent to anyone looking to make real fact-based decisions..Post in accordance with an honest intention of adding value and others will do likewise. And we’ll all enjoy a better, more expansive, and more productive forum conversation

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts

The Stelvio was such a massive let-down in person that I really had to re-think how I approached things. I expected thoroughly to be "wow'ed" by it. I was not. So, I went to drive an Acura RDX.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts