Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
581 Posts
Comparing dyno numbers are always interesting, assuming the two were run on the same dyno with similar temps, atmospheric pressure, etc. Seeing that both are showing wheel power that's close to the factory ratings, it would seem this dyno is calibrated more generously than most.

The 2.0's wheel power is over achieving relative to the factory ratings a bit more than the 2.5. Also, I wouldn't have guessed it would make more torque than the 2.5 at low RPMs.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
Comparing dyno numbers are always interesting, assuming the two were run on the same dyno with similar temps, atmospheric pressure, etc. Seeing that both are showing wheel power that's close to the factory ratings, it would seem this dyno is calibrated more generously than most.

The 2.0's wheel power is over achieving relative to the factory ratings a bit more than the 2.5. Also, I wouldn't have guessed it would make more torque than the 2.5 at low RPMs.
Agreed. It was the same dyno, albeit I don't know atmospherics.

I am still looking for the bsfc for the 2.0.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is really funny, someone with so many comments in this forum.......but he even doesn't have Alfa Romeo ???????? Can you please share your motivation reasons. It will be really interesting.
This "gatekeeping" BS needs to stop.

No where in the rules of this forum does it say that every person who signs up MUST OWN an Alfa.

Just like you, he did a Google Search, found the forum, and signed up.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
Consider these graphs, showing Toyota's excellent 2.5L NA engine, as well as Honda's 1.5L. I am still looking for the GME T4, but you can see the Mazda 2.5T is extremely efficient compared to its peers from Honda and Toyota, even though the Honda is 1L smaller and has higher hp/L.
Slope Map Rectangle Font Parallel

Slope Map Font Parallel Urban design
Water Slope Font Rectangle Parallel

Slope Water Font Terrestrial plant Parallel
Slope Font Rectangle Parallel Map
Ecoregion Slope Urban design Font Parallel

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
What needs to stop... In my opinion is pretending it's ok to bring nothing of value to the table while also being argumentative, distracting and generally negative.

Isn't about owning a Stelvio or not .. it's about not offering anything of value while simultaneously cluttering up any value anyone might offer.

Anyone can join and participate...but you need to either contribute in a positive way or minimally not obscure what information others provide.

Not just talking about the forum here. In general.. if all a person does is bring childish attitudes and negativity... They should be kicked out the room when the adults are talking.

This isn't a liberal cancel culture attitude... It's the attitude anyone uses if they ever want to get anything done... Is actually very conservative. People who contribute... Get to talk. People who don't.. don't

This conversation about a Mazda 2.5 is a perfect example, not only is the point invalid it has nothing to do with anything anyone else has said.. the topic of thread... It isn't a funny joke or a fun anecdote...

It's just being childish. This isn't a forum for children. Simple as that, stop with the gatekeeping nonsense. Anyone can read, learn and participate...this isn't any of that is the problem.

If what you want to do is argue and cause strife... There's this place called Reddit....they have an Alfa forum too, unfortunatly it doesn't have as much actual information, might not be a coincidence.

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
581 Posts
It is really funny, someone with so many comments in this forum.......but he even doesn't have Alfa Romeo ???????? Can you please share your motivation reasons. It will be really interesting.
For me, it’s all about content. The forum would be a little sleepy without someone coming in and stirring the pot on occasion. There’s value in that, although it can also be frustrating when it’s just non-value added dumb stuff.

Some content is compelling, some ridiculous, some educational, and some is just two car guys arguing for the sake of arguing in an effort to “win”. It’s certainly entertaining on occasion.

Also, once in a while I can help someone out with a problem or contribute some wisdom with my decades of manufacturer experience.

What I don’t do is just Google stuff I know nothing about just to feel important or knowledgeable. I try to stick to things where I have real world experience.

We all know who the “Googlers” are as it’s always pretty obvious.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I don't think there are any members here who are numbers equal to 10 to the 100th power....could be wrong though.

I learned that google is a creative spelling of googol, a number equal to 10 to the 100th power, or more colloquially, an unfathomable number ..by googling just now. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
1,245 Posts
What needs to stop... In my opinion is pretending it's ok to bring nothing of value to the table while also being argumentative, distracting and generally negative.

Isn't about owning a Stelvio or not .. it's about not offering anything of value while simultaneously cluttering up any value anyone might offer.

Anyone can join and participate...but you need to either contribute in a positive way or minimally not obscure what information others provide.

Not just talking about the forum here. In general.. if all a person does is bring childish attitudes and negativity... They should be kicked out the room when the adults are talking.

This isn't a liberal cancel culture attitude... It's the attitude anyone uses if they ever want to get anything done... Is actually very conservative. People who contribute... Get to talk. People who don't.. don't

This conversation about a Mazda 2.5 is a perfect example, not only is the point invalid it has nothing to do with anything anyone else has said.. the topic of thread... It isn't a funny joke or a fun anecdote...

It's just being childish. This isn't a forum for children. Simple as that, stop with the gatekeeping nonsense. Anyone can read, learn and participate...this isn't any of that is the problem.

If what you want to do is argue and cause strife... There's this place called Reddit....they have an Alfa forum too, unfortunatly it doesn't have as much actual information, might not be a coincidence.
Maybe you should rewind back to the OP. It states they are coming from a Mazda, and have been driving Mazda for years without issues. They are now considering Alfa. The talk of the Mazda 2.5T is directly relevant to the OP in this thread, therefor.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
easiest way to eliminate disruption in large group of number people is to get on the stage and lower the volume. One time stood on a stage and read off contributors for the meeting from the pamphlet for about 5 mins in very low volume. When everyone stopped, we started the real conversation.
Too often I have been in a heated meetings where people were shouting to be heard. I asked person next to me to tell the person sitting next to her/him not to say anything at all. It takes less than a minute but we all soon realize we have been shouting over people for unknown reasons. Some were shouting to others to be quiet.

Why do I bring this up? Gate keeping, name calling and ignoring simply amplifies the 'voice'. Not responding is the magic that brings everyone together in certain situation. I found that most incompetent people must let people know that they know something. As one wise old man told me, empty cans make more noise than the ones that are full.

Bottom line? He/she must prove to others that he has content to share so that's why he/she is being 'loud' everyone should read with that in mind. more you react, more that person will smile, since now he knows that he's being heard.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I come from a debate team background......disruptions are kicked off the stage, or out of the audience, taken out of the auditorium and told not to come back. Pretty much after the first time it happens.

..its nice in forums cause in debate when you think of a funny story or anecdote...or just random off topic come back to someone else's comment you have to try and remember to save it for later. Not saying we should have strict rules in that regard, freedom is good, but when it isn't funny or anything else beneficial, yeah....something goes gangrene you cut it off, not ignore it.

I get what you'r saying but...you can't let the meeting go on for 8 hours, people got dinner to get to. Here, it isnt a positive thing that threads with alot of good info get buried under the trash, people don't have time to filter through it but might need that info.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This "gatekeeping" BS needs to stop.

No where in the rules of this forum does it say that every person who signs up MUST OWN an Alfa.

Just like you, he did a Google Search, found the forum, and signed up.
Did I asked the person politely ??? Yes. Did he answered politely ? Yes. WTF do you talking about " stopping gatekeeping BS" ???? Well, I am not a gatekeeper but are you going to stop me ??? Just try. ;)

161 - 176 of 176 Posts