Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was pretty cold here in Philadelphia yesterday, so I remote started my Stelvio ~ 5 minutes before leaving work. I had forgotten that the car was low on gas, so the function did not work. That is a wise design. What isn't right is that although the car didn't start, the radio was on and fan was blowing the whole time I had waited to go out to it (I can't see the car from my office). I worry that if it was extremely cold, and I waited a good ten minutes before going to the car, the battery could be taxed enough to create other problems - especially a year from now when the battery is a little weaker. No accessories should be allowed to power up if the car is prevented from starting due to low gas. My Jeep works that way.

Has anyone else experienced this?

For the record, as always, I love the car. Just want to help fine tune it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats to the Eagles - I’m thinking that you might have identified a new software mod...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats to the Eagles - I’m thinking that you might have identified a new software mod...
Thanks about the Eagles! I'm originally from Pittsburgh, so a Steelers fan all the way. Been in Philadelphia for over twenty years, so am very happy for the folks around here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks about the Eagles! I'm originally from Pittsburgh, so a Steelers fan all the way. Been in Philadelphia for over twenty years, so am very happy for the folks around here.
Born there too! Nice catch on the software. Remote start needs to be bullet-proof for all scenarios. Because if it can happen, it will happen to someone. I am very suspicious of remote start for any car. I saw that button on the remote and shuddered a bit that I might accidentally start the car in my garage when riffling through the dish where all my keys are. (I feel the various FOBs in the dark to differentiate them as I get a car to go to the gym in the morning. Guess I should turn the lights on!)

·
Registered
536 Posts
well it's not that easy to accidentally remote start, you have to press the button twice. I mean they (car makers)can only protect us from ourselves so much.

Born there too! Nice catch on the software. Remote start needs to be bullet-proof for all scenarios. Because if it can happen, it will happen to someone. I am very suspicious of remote start for any car. I saw that button on the remote and shuddered a bit that I might accidentally start the car in my garage when riffling through the dish where all my keys are. (I feel the various FOBs in the dark to differentiate them as I get a car to go to the gym in the morning. Guess I should turn the lights on!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Remote start is one of my favorite features whether it's a hot or cold day. It will shut off after a certain amount of time if you don't actually unlock and drive the car. As mentioned before, they fell short in being able to program it to automatically turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if it's a cold day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Remote start is one of my favorite features whether it's a hot or cold day. It will shut off after a certain amount of time if you don't actually unlock and drive the car. As mentioned before, they fell short in being able to program it to automatically turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if it's a cold day.
Not sure how true this is but on a review video I saw it said you could actually adjust the settings for that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure how true this is but on a review video I saw it said you could actually adjust the settings for that.
I've tried to figure that out. If anyone knows how please post. I also read that the seats and heated wheel will automatically come on below a certain temperature, but that hasn't happened for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've tried to figure that out. If anyone knows how please post. I also read that the seats and heated wheel will automatically come on below a certain temperature, but that hasn't happened for me.
Same here. It did it once on the demo they let us drive for a few days before taking delivery of ours, but not since. And it's been cold here in Cincy. :)

One of our employees has a Fiat and her auto start turns on the heated seats and steering wheel every time when the temps are low enough.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yep our 500x automatically turns the seats on if temps are below something like 36 degrees.

S.

One of our employees has a Fiat and her auto start turns on the heated seats and steering wheel every time when the temps are low enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same here. It did it once on the demo they let us drive for a few days before taking delivery of ours, but not since. And it's been cold here in Cincy. :)

My 2018 with a 7/17 build date does not turn on the defrosters, heated seats or the heated steering wheel when remote started. This defect has been noted by many owners and I believe has to do with old version software/modules being used up to a 12/17 build date. Please contact AR Support on their website and complain. This needs to be fixed and the more voices the better. You can check your version of the software in the Infotainment screen. Old versions are numbered 002.xxx.xxx. Newer versions are 056.xxx.xxx or 072.xxx.xxx. The build date is listed on the driver’s side door pillar. Please let them know.

Reactions: Angel Rain

·
Registered
253 Posts
Heated seats and Wheel on AUtostart

Just another botched roll out of the 2018 (built in 17), the heated seats and wheel do not turn on, meanwhile Ford Explorer has been doing it for years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts