Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I have the CSC exhaust, street version, no competition. the problem is the noise and the resonance on highway speed, if you take a remus or any other sporty catback the confort going down immediatly.
pay attention to your choice, search something funny but not extreme

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
it will be interesting to see if the market is big enough for quad exhausts that have room for the trailer hitch, or if that will be local fabricators (muffler shops) only.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Music in a video selling me an exhaust. That’s a pet peeve.

I actually like it though. It’s something to consider after I’m off lease if I pay the residual.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Remus offers a version with EU homologation as well as a ‘race’ version. I strongly suspect what you hear in the video is the race version.

I strongly consider the homologation version. I have ask them if they offer black tips but they do not. On the other hand, the cat-back also works with the standard tips.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They also sell a axle back system as well. It's $707.00 to my door. Cat back is $1,010.00 to my door. I love that little popping after shifts. That's what i'm looking for but I don't want any drone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone from here purchased this yet. Not many videos on YouTube to hear the sound without music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remus cat

I just install my Remus cat b. Slightly more power. More aggressive sound, not to loud. In low rev sound deeper and fat. really fun to hear on dynamic drive in high revs. I wouldn’t say that is racing noise. It sound more like older italian supercar. For me it works.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wonder how a muffler delete would sound. Straight pipe from the mid attachment, my old turbo 4cyl sounded nice !
My 944 Turbo has a muffler delete. The sound level goes up quite a bit. Sounds great and zero drone, but the 944 engine has a superb exhaust note to begin with.

But here is a warning: My 2008 Miata with a MazdaSpeed muffler drones at highway speed. The Miata engine (with any muffler- see the MX5 forum) just does not sound as good as my 944- so be careful. Drone sucks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just install my Remus cat b. Slightly more power. More aggressive sound, not to loud. In low rev sound deeper and fat. really fun to hear on dynamic drive in high revs. I wouldn’t say that is racing noise. It sound more like older italian supercar. For me it works.
I can second that. I had the cat-back installed a week ago.

·
Registered
536 Posts
curious, has anyone gotten an AR dealer to install an aftermarket exhaust. Just curious I know AR can't void a warranty unless they can prove an issue was caused by an aftermarket item, but just don't want any issues.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have had this in a CAT back with tips on order for 2 months now. The Dealer ordered it and no idea what is taking so long. They had no shipment update last week.

I know the Canada distributor had sold out so someone out there has it

The AR dealership confirmed the CAT back will not affect the warranty and they quoted me 2 hours to do the install.

If I get it I will update you all

·
Registered
536 Posts
Has ANYONE in north america gotten the remus system yet? I don't think I've seen anyone here mention it

I have had this in a CAT back with tips on order for 2 months now. The Dealer ordered it and no idea what is taking so long. They had no shipment update last week.

I know the Canada distributor had sold out so someone out there has it

The AR dealership confirmed the CAT back will not affect the warranty and they quoted me 2 hours to do the install.

If I get it I will update you all

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If you plan on just tearing around in the car, and esp a vehicle of this nature, you will be happy. If you take long trips or love to play music a lot, these types of exhausts get old real fast and unless part of a comprehensive tune meaning a lot of time was spent getting diameters , flow rates , etc, nowadays these parts typically do more harm than good as every manufacturer is getting everything they can out of motors for HP and mileage. The retune of an ECU is a completely different animal than slapping on some questionable R&D'd aftermarket parts. Unless you see a highly controlled before and after dyno, I wouldn't touch it. I have seen car companies that use aftermarket performance parts suppliers be given parts that rob major amts of HP!!! Janspeed comes to mind here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Has anyone installed the axel-back model.....easy with basic tools?

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you have a way to get under the vehicle it is easy to install. Use of a lift makes it very easy. Jacks and stands is not much fun, I paid about a hour and half to just get the dealer to put it on.

It is basic hand tools as they use the same factory hangers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Andrew, here it is from the back with the Remus tips.

I should have taken a pic when it was on the hoist at the dealership.

I actually took the Remus system off and changed it to the Madness Monza.

The Remus had a little improvement in sound, nice cold start but I wanted something a bit more loud. That is just my personal choice and what I like in all the vehicles I have had. Remus has a pretty big muffler still to keep the sound not too loud

The Remus is not as it sounds on the their You Tube clip. What I can say is it is slightly louder than the stock, but will not be loud at all.

The Madness Monza is very loud at cold start so your neighbours will not be a fan but once it warms up is fine and exactly what I wanted. Under normal driving is not loud, no drone at all.

I have sound clips of them both but I have no idea how to post them. If you message me your email address I should be able to transfer them off my phone into the computer and send them your way

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Banffstevio Thanks for the pics and quick review on both exhaust i did look at monza from madness and they do sound mean on video. Thanks again! BTW LOVE the carbon fiber rear valance! Is that wrapped? Looks good!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts