Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Stelvio in for 2 year service.

They let me know I needed to replace the rear brake pads. $600 (with rotors). As it is a lease with 1 year left - will replace myself.

Alfa OEM pads are on back order everywhere. The dealer only had 2 sets.

So, I ordered some Evolution Pads from Powerstop. Only one of the pads had the sensor/wire hookup to detect brake wear. (versus 2 - one for each wheel)

I called Powerstop and they indicated that for replacement pads this is their general approach.

Anyone else replaced their bake rear pads themselves?

Did your replacement pads have only one sensor wires to detect wear? Any issue or false readings result? Which wheel gets the pad for the sensor?

Any replacement pads you recommend?

·
Registered
86 Posts
There should be no problem using just one sensor, if one set of rear pads is worn more than the other, put the sensor there. Otherwise it won’t matter.

Have you replaced pads before? Be sure to use a brake pad lube to eliminate the squeek!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There should be no problem using just one sensor, if one set of rear pads is worn more than the other, put the sensor there. Otherwise it won’t matter.

Have you replaced pads before? Be sure to use a brake pad lube to eliminate the squeek!

What do you do with the unused socket on the other wheel - just leave it dangling?

·
Registered
31 Posts
what size are your stelvio quad regular rear brake pads? 4.5in x 2 7/8ths? or 4.5in 2.5? i have a feeling a dealer mech swapped out my brake caliber from another model. Unless 68309144AA bigger these rear pads are supposed to fit different brakes. The old pads we took out were smaller and one of them wont fit. Is there a special way to fit these? Does the quad come with ceramic and steel size?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts