Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USAA is running a 30% off on Goodyear tires. What tires would be recommended?

driving style is D always but not aggressive. Looking for good wet traction, breaking and quiet

Mike

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
443 Posts
USAA is running a 30% off on Goodyear tires. What tires would be recommended?

driving style is D always but not aggressive. Looking for good wet traction, breaking and quiet

Mike
Eagle RS A although I would not want a Goodyear Tire. Get Continentals or Michelins

·
276 Posts
Agreed with DrGP. Conti DWS are excellent, or Michelin Pilot Sport 4, or the new Michelin CrossClimate 2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Michelins I like best and I use the oem latitude sport 3 for the summer - excellent tyres. For the winter, which is mild here/not more than 3 weeks of snow/ for 5 months I use Goodyear Vector All Season Gen 3 , which is much better than any winter tyre on dry and wet and at least on 80% of the performance of the winters in snow. It is perfect tyre also. The only thing I don't like is that it gets more noisier than the Michelins above 150km/h ,although not by much.I really doubt this will be a problem for you ,with your speed limits there :) It is comfortable tyre also. I was using Continentals on my previous cars and though the tyres are good they were not able to stay more than 2 seasons. I don't know why, but the fastest wearing tyres, winters and summer....I know in the USA you have very different models and maybe even factories for these brands, so I suppose things are fairly different.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Not sure what size you have,

But if you want Goodyear and high performance the Eagle F1 supercar 3 tire is solid, otherwise the Excellence is a nice all around touring tire.

Personally I agree there are better brands in general but if the deal is right nothing wrong with Goodyear.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
196 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I think my favorite brand is Bridgestone, but....almost never buy them because I tend to get whatever is on sale and seems like it's never Bridgestone when I need tires (and the difference between brands among competing tires is nominal, enough to have a preference not enough for me to pay much more for one quality brand over another). If I were buying right now....probably get that deal @fast_dave posted. Considering grabbing them and throwing them in storage till I need 'em.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what size you have,

But if you want Goodyear and high performance the Eagle F1 supercar 3 tire is solid, otherwise the Excellence is a nice all around touring tire.

Personally I agree there are better brands in general but if the deal is right nothing wrong with Goodyear.
I have 19” wheels. Appreciate your take. I am a big Michelin fan and all my cars have Michelin on them except the Alfa. Really is a good deal so looking at options. My wife is driving the car now and just looking at good driving characteristics.

Reactions: ALFAOFFROAD

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I'de check out the Excellence. It's a summer, "Ultra high-performance" tire with a focus on quiet comfortable ride to balance the handling characteristics. It works as an all-weather, with the exception of freezing temps...rubber will crack if it freezes. Destroys the sidewall, or can. If you don't live where it freezes, the tire has good wet grip.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You didnt say whether you needed a winter tire
I do not need Winter tires. Looking for a competent all season tire that is high on safety, low road noise and does not break the bank

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would advise Conti Extreme Contact Dws 06 Plus
i really like the DWS tire. I have a set on my Ford fusion and they have been excellent

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I plan on getting the Conti DWS since I have experience with it as well as all the recommendations. I would prefer to save a few bucks but not at the expense of enjoying driving the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Conti DWS06 Plus and they're great. Quiet, smooth, and the grip is great, great, great. Honestly, they're almost too grippy - because they hold so well you can really feel how much body roll this car has in the corners.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
All that body roll makes weight transfer management very rewarding though.

I have Pirelli Scorpion all-weather....super cheapy on tire rack tires. First 500 miles I didn't like em. 2500 in now, like them better than Conti's surprisingly. The wet/off road grip isn't as good still very competent, but you can tell the Q4 is doing more. Otherwise they are quieter with a smoother ride and maybe better dry grip, definitely competitive.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agreed with DrGP. Conti DWS are excellent, or Michelin Pilot Sport 4, or the new Michelin CrossClimate 2
I have crossclimate 2's on my Rav 4 Prime. Since they are the only tires I've had on it, I cannot compare, but they are very quiet vs. how they look like they would sound, on every surface I've driven on. Hydroplane resistance is excellent. Feedback is audible and breakaway is progressive. It's probably the most absurdly well-rounded non-performance type tire I've driven.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts