Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone has had to replace their front bumper cover recently. My wife was driving on a busy road and the beat up old truck in front of her lost it's front bumper. Thanks to the excellent handling of the Stelvio she was able to make an evasive maneuver but still clipped the end of the bumper and cracked the Stelvio's bumper cover beyond repair.
I'm taking in to the body shop recommended by our dealer tomorrow. What should I expect to pay for removing the present bumper, and replacing with a new OEM?

Thanks

· Registered
2 Posts
I’ve broken mine as well. My body repair man says its best replacing them rather than repairing as a repair might crack again with a slight bang. Does anyone know if the left hand bumpers are the same as the right hand drive versions as I’m based in the UK?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve broken mine as well. My body repair man says its best replacing them rather than repairing as a repair might crack again with a slight bang. Does anyone know if the left hand bumpers are the same as the right hand drive versions as I’m based in the UK?
Received estimate right at $2,000.00 for new OEM cover ($634.00) with the rest being labor for removing old and replacing with new plus paint work. Additional charges for sensor recalibration could occur.

· Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
550 Posts
I don't think it is a bad price. In order to remove the bumper they need to remove a partial part of the wheel arches, wheel well covers, bottom covering (like 14 bolts just there!) and numerous other things. Then add prep and priming for the new bumper cover, paint, reinstallation, etc. As reference, we recently paid $1,200 for our Honda Fit's front bumper replacement, that car is a lot easier to work with.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it is a bad price. In order to remove the bumper they need to remove a partial part of the wheel arches, wheel well covers, bottom covering (like 14 bolts just there!) and numerous other things. Then add prep and priming for the new bumper cover, paint, reinstallation, etc. As reference, we recently paid $1,200 for our Honda Fit's front bumper replacement, that car is a lot easier to work with.
I thought it was fair as well. The shop scheduled me in for the job on May 8th .They are running behind with all the supply chain shortages. Thanks for your reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts