Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of replacing my black start button with a red one. I have read the write up on a Giulia forum on how to do it, but wondering if anyone on our forum has done it. If so, any suggestions and things to watch out for.
Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I looked at the install info on giulia too, I'd love the red button (it looks great in the stelvio quad), but nervous about messing with the wiring and such in the wheel. Some of the people that have had it done at the dealers say it took them about an hour. I suspect I'll just wait til it goes in for annual service and let them do it.

I am thinking of replacing my black start button with a red one. I have read the write up on a Giulia forum on how to do it, but wondering if anyone on our forum has done it. If so, any suggestions and things to watch out for.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
there are at least 2 threads in this forum that has loads of info on this subject.
Try using the search bar on the right hand side of the page...."red start button" or something similar

·
Registered
54 Posts
Could you not just refinish it rather than replace it? I agree that the Stelvio's interior could use some colorful accenting (depending on the trim).

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are at least 2 threads in this forum that has loads of info on this subject.
Try using the search bar on the right hand side of the page...."red start button" or something similar
Thanks, I did that already and the info I found referenced the Giulia forum on the install details. I have read that, but was hoping someone on our forum had done it. Sometimes there can be a small difference from similar models to the next and from year to year. As an example, on the Giulia forum a member found a slight difference from the 17 to the 18 model year.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think there was a member that did the swap (Bomba?)

I've elected to have the dealer replace mine when my Stelvio arrives.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could you not just refinish it rather than replace it? I agree that the Stelvio's interior could use some colorful accenting (depending on the trim).
The button is reasonably priced , which makes it better choice for me.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think there was a member that did the swap (Bomba?)

I've elected to have the dealer replace mine when my Stelvio arrives.
I looked up that member and have sent a message, thanks. I may have the dealer do it, but like to do things along these lines when I feel comfortable doing it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I looked up that member and have sent a message, thanks. I may have the dealer do it, but like to do things along these lines when I feel comfortable doing it.
I agree but the airbag makes me nervous. For the $160 CDN the dealer is charging I thought it was worth it for me not to have to bother.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree but the airbag makes me nervous. For the $160 CDN the dealer is charging I thought it was worth it for me not to have to bother.
Yep, do not like the airbag thing either, it would be real easy if not for that. The write up on the Giulia forum gives a link about the airbag and that link says to disconnect the neg cable from the battery, which I would have done anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Vendor
677 Posts
It is not terribly complicated. It takes about two hours, the battery needs to be disconnected and the air bag needs to come out.

Feel free to contact us if you need help with that.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
had mine done at the dealer, charged me 132 bucks
There are 4 dealers within about 1 1/2 hours from me and all want $200.00 to install one. If I decide not to do it myself, I am going to try and find an independent foreign repair shop.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I haven’t done one yet but I have done many batteries, and I’ll tell you all that you don’t need tools to disconnect the battery, just your fingers. The negative cable (drivers side) has a quick-connect post at the top with a grey push button release on the side of the cable, push the release and lift, it should come right off, leave the hatch open though since without the battery you won’t be able to open it to reconnect. Leave the headlights on for a 5 minutes to discharge the capacitors in the system and you’ll be good to go. If anyone has any issues I can try to help but again, I have not done one yet. If you need help you can post pics and details here or in pm.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts