Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this recommended. Is it possible? How do I even go about it? Which one could I realistically ask for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't understand all the "replace the original battery" posts on the forum. I'm one year into owning a 2019 Ti Sport and I'm on the original factory battery and I've had no electrical/battery problems.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't understand all the "replace the original battery" posts on the forum. I'm one year into owning a 2019 Ti Sport and I'm on the original factory battery and I've had no electrical/battery problems.
A lot of other people have had problems and it's a known issue.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm coming up on 2 years no problems on the Varta.

I think the issues in North America have to do with the batteries being installed at the factory in addition to the amount of time alot of Alfa's sit on the lot (especially early models)....causing the battery to lose the ability to hold a charge.

If you purchased a car that spent alot of time sitting....better chance of a battery problem.

...this is besides the issues with not setting the infotainment to shut off with the car, bluetooth phone conections not terminating when the vehicle is shut off and the key being stored to close to the vehicle keeping the car on standby........ but those are issues other brands experiance too now....

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ordered my 2019 QV in December 2018. It was built in early 2019, it never sat anywhere for more than a few days (not even in Italy to wait for a boat ride to Canada). I took delivery in June 2019. It left me grounded at my house in July 2019 with only about 3000km driven. Varta battery was then replaced with Mopar one. I would ask them to replace it before taking delivery. I was going to but figured why bother if it hadn’t sat and it was “new”.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts