Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
but if you care about the brand, you better hope the Stelvio succeeds
Alright guys, so you know what that means. Go out there, convince all your friends and family to get a Stelvio. Let's try and keep this alive ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
R&T does make a good point about luxury SUVs and how they're doing in the Global market. Just look at the Jaguar F-Pace, before that model the brand wasn't really as well known and now Jag is raking it in thanks to that SUV.

·
Registered
205 Posts
R&T does make a good point about luxury SUVs and how they're doing in the Global market. Just look at the Jaguar F-Pace, before that model the brand wasn't really as well known and now Jag is raking it in thanks to that SUV.
All SUV segments are seeing this growth, its crazy, even sedan segments are being negatively impacted by it. At this rate we will have a Stelvio that will be just as much fun as the Porsche's, MB's and BMW's we've been used to all these years. Maybe for the first time Porsche will have something to worry about :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
In Europe 66% of Maserati sales are Levante, anyway may 2017 is also the best month for Giulia, Giulia needs time, as 70% of premium D-segment are fleet sales and they need time to gain contracts, also the dealer network is in expansion and renovation and they enter new markets like the US and China. I believe that we will see the peak of Giulia not earlier than 2019.
This article is based on Luca Ciferri Automotive News article, the Italian journalist is known for not having the best relations with Marchionne and the Agnelli family, the shareholders of FCA,Ferrari,CNH Industrial etc. and he always make pointless criticism, he is also close to Volkswagen Group. Ciferri is the journalist which wrote the article about the imaginary failed crash tests of Giulia, well Giulia got the highest ever rating in adult occupants protection in Euroncap with 98%...

Euroncap adult occupants protection

Alfa Romeo Giulia 98%
Volvo XC90 97%
Volvo V90 95%
Volvo S90 95%
Mercedes E-Class 95%
Mercedes GLC 95%
Audi Q7 94%
Audi Q5 93%
Jaguar XE 92%
Jaguar XF 92%
BMW 5-Series (G30) 91%
Lexus RX 91%
BMW X1 90%
Land Rover Discovery 90%
Audi A4 89%
Audi TT 81%
Ford Mustang 72%

·
Registered
146 Posts
I heard about that failed crash test too and found it hard to believe, especially from a premium brand like Alfa Romeo. So much of their company hangs on how well the Giulia and Stelvio perform in sales, I can't imagine them pushing it to production without first crossing their t's and dotting their i's.

Now I know to take what Luca Ciferri Automotive News says regarding Alfa Romeo with a grain of salt. Journalistic bias is not unheard of and relatively common, but to outright lie about a failed crash test...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts