Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have any knowledge on where to get roof cross bars? I have seen a few things online but in dealer in USA they don't appear to have them yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just wondering who the designer was on the roof rails, and what model of what make he "followed."

I've seen Audi Q's (3 and 5, I think), that look like they have such a similar rail design... I just can't imagine that the engineers actually created a shape that is new... Maybe a Chrysler rail? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Have to say I took the official Alfa rails off due to wind noise- although they fit well and look good, my ADD side couldn't deal with the noise- Stella is a quiet cruiser usually- so in hindsight I would have held out for the Thule aero blades. I will use them and they are very stout but no way leaving them in place. Interesting to note the Porsche Macan rails are the same OEM I do believe except the end caps are molded with the Porsche logo.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Now that makes sense... I have never used roof racks, though did have trunk racks on my Alfa Spyders, but I have two dogs that like having all that space in the back when we travel (just hit 15k on my 2018 Stelvio), so for the ride...
:devil

Attachments

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Have to say I took the official Alfa rails off due to wind noise- although they fit well and look good, my ADD side couldn't deal with the noise- Stella is a quiet cruiser usually- so in hindsight I would have held out for the Thule aero blades. I will use them and they are very stout but no way leaving them in place. Interesting to note the Porsche Macan rails are the same OEM I do believe except the end caps are molded with the Porsche logo.

Scale, you referring to rails or the crossbars here? I too, only install crossbars when I will be losing them. Folks that drive around all year with kayak carriers, bike racks .......total waste or just too lazy to take 5 minutes to remove when they don't need the stuff for a month or more. Ski racks in July is level 1 wastefulness.

Reactions: Flunx

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Visconte- Yes crossbars. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for cross bars for my Stelvio Ti Sport
Has anyone else purchased/installed them in the USA
How much?
Where did you get them
Any issues/problems

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Purchased OEM from the dealer. They are very rugged but the wind noise is a major issue for me so I will only use them when needed. Same design as Porsche except logo on the end caps. The Thule Aeroblade design is currently n/a here (but in Europe) and a couple Stelviolas ordered with shipping- there is a thread with pics out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered the Thule bars from the UK. I still haven’t attached them and just today was telling myself I will do so this weekend. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got these from a UK seller , they were shipped fast and cheaply. Italian made. Total price shipped to US $106.
https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-...ium-aero-bars-alfa-romeo-stelvio-2016-onwards

Can you post a pic installed and let us know what you think? I've been wanting some cross bars, but since I will probably only use them a few times a year didn't want to spend a few hundred dollars if I could help it. These would be perfect if they fit well and aren't loose or rattle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you post a pic installed and let us know what you think? I've been wanting some cross bars, but since I will probably only use them a few times a year didn't want to spend a few hundred dollars if I could help it. These would be perfect if they fit well and aren't loose or rattle.
Sure will. Car is in shop getting front brake issue resolved. Once back, I’ll fit these.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts