Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

roof racks

24K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  gobits 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy roof racks for the Stelvio?

#5 ·
I planted a bug with the guy at Italian Motorworks, Naperville IL (where I ordered the rubber floor mats)-- to see if they might advertise and also since he seems to have a good handle on Stelvio accessories. Surprised there aren't more dealer or accessory sellers lurking here. I specifically advised him there are quite a few of us here looking for Factory Issue roof rails and hitches/wiring set-ups. If he replies I will share with the group.

#6 ·
Hi gang - just thought I would share images of my new roof bars. I ordered these from roofracks.co.uk.
I have not seen Thule sell these particular ones in the US - they are all black, and this is apparently a new lower profile style; these are the WingBar Edge series, and available in aluminum or all black finish; I think the black looks great blending in with all the other black trim on the car. Only catch is that you cannot fully open your sunroof - but didn't consider this an issue for me, as I never open the roof - I just like it for the added light. You can tilt open the roof for venting - but not fully slide it open.

They went on easy and look great. Thule claims these are even quieter producing less wind noise, so eager to get on the highway and see....

Attachments

#7 ·
Skr9- Look great! Could you post the link to the site when you have a sec please? I am holding out for OEM bars but this is an excellent option. Can't believe they're not available in the local market (USA).

#10 ·
These bars have the groove down the center, and I think most bars are following this type of format; I primarily use mine for carrying bikes, and they adapted perfectly fine to these new Thule bars (the bike carrier worked similarly well on my VW and Porsche OEM bars which also had the same style groove down the center of the bar).

#16 ·
Thule USA responded with "We currently have no plans of bringing Thule Euro products to the US or Can market"

So I guess if you want them then they have to come from the UK at this point

#17 ·
Here are pics of my Alfa bars installed yesterday. There is some unwelcome wind noise so I may remove them unless needed. Pics edited to try to make them clearer. Hitch pics will be added on the other thread.

Attachments

#19 ·
They are pretty substantial. am going to work with them to attempt to gasket the gaps in the assembly where I presume the air noise is coming from. In hindsight the Thule Aeroblade may be quieter but n/a this side of the Atlantic. These will serve the purpose even if I take them off when not needed.

Reactions: lost1750GTV
#23 · (Edited)
Looks great..If you use a large tote /cargo box that height may be needed to clear the roof GPS antenna ( name may be incorrect) that resides 3/4 back on roof.
Are dimensions of the crossbars included with instructions/warranty info?
I am trying to decide if my Porsche macan crossbars will work... looks like a possibility. The rails are approx (38" inside to inside) and in front 41.5" inside to inside wher I currently mount the crossbars.
The only way to know for certain is if the crossbars dimensions are available..My dealer cannot help until they have a set in hand...If you know the dimensions it would be much appreciated. ..

Waiting on Black over black /red QV....

Attachments

#24 ·
Stewart: they look like same manufacturer. The instructions show Allen screw adjustment for width and for angle (behind the keyed cover). They are clamped in place by setscrew too so removal isn't quite as easy as I was thinking. Do you have or how do you mitigate the air noise on your current set? Thanks for the pics.

#29 ·
Thule aero bars

Hey guys, my first post here and new to fourm. So I have been following this thread and thanks everyone for the input. I had a set of old aero bars (53 inches) that have been sitting in the garage since my I sold my Nissan Quest a few years ago. I ordered the a la carte option from the UK site. I got Rapid Fit Foot Pack 753, Kit 4085 (Stelvio), and 3159 Rapid Fitting Kit (GLC) since they only cost like 40 bucks for additional adapters. Might as well get it.

The aero bars poked out a little bit because Stelvio should use 47 inches. Anyhow, I think this is a better option than the aero bar edges if you want to have the moonroof fully open.

Attachments

#32 ·
So, the Thule Wing ars in Black are available in the US. REI sells them. I bought a set for my e92 BMW. Turns out that the Stelvio takes the same part number for the crossbars, it just needs a different foot part. So, when I sold my BMW, I kept the Thule crossbars and bought the correct feet for the Stelvio. I haven't mounted them yet but I did a dry-fit and all looked OK. I'll mount them and take some pics when I have a bit of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.