Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new 2.0T/FE and I absolutely love it!

A minor issue is the (lack of) possibility of adding a roof rack without scratching the car; in various photos on the net, I can see solid roof rails on cars, even with the panoramic roof (as mine is also fitted with). In the US spec sheet they are also listed as either alu or black, both as options.

Is it possible to install such roof rails on a car not fitted with them on delivery, and if so, can you recommend a place to source them from?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I just took delivery of my new 2.0T/FE and I absolutely love it!

A minor issue is the (lack of) possibility of adding a roof rack without scratching the car; in various photos on the net, I can see solid roof rails on cars, even with the panoramic roof (as mine is also fitted with). In the US spec sheet they are also listed as either alu or black, both as options.

Is it possible to install such roof rails on a car not fitted with them on delivery, and if so, can you recommend a place to source them from?

Thank you!
I've looked hard and am patiently waiting for the OEM rails- there are quite a few off-brand options on Amazon or E-bay that appear to be of doubtful quality with inelegant attachment brackets. With this vehicle, appearance matters to me as well as fitment + aerodynamic drag. By Spring and as sales volume increases, there will be a business incentive for options from the quality suppliers including and especially Alfa. This was one major reason I was so glad to find lots of selection on the lots without a sunroof + lower center of gravity, less complication, and the fact that we never open them (wife has hot flashes and we're at the demographic where we are avoiding sun exposure).

Reactions: integrale
1 - 2 of 2 Posts