Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a specific rubber protective mat that would mount on the bumper to keep from scratching the paint when unloading the cargo area? I guess a generic one would work too

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Anyone know of a specific rubber protective mat that would mount on the bumper to keep from scratching the paint when unloading the cargo area? I guess a generic one would work too
I'm pretty sure an OEM Alfa one will be available by Spring and am holding out for one designed specifically for the application. There is a low cost one on Amazon designed for the Giulia as well as others using double sided sticky tape that you can bend to the contour (no thanks). As much as I am enjoying a certain amount of exclusivity, only when there are more units on the road will there be a wide range of options out there and an economic reason to create them.

For now and to get our aging Rottweiler in there, I'm draping a section of moving pad blanket out and lift her rear section in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, tell me about it, I was an early Alfa 4C owner and absolutely nothing cool available from AR ot aftermarket for the first year!

I'm pretty sure an OEM Alfa one will be available by Spring and am holding out for one designed specifically for the application. There is a low cost one on Amazon designed for the Giulia as well as others using double sided sticky tape that you can bend to the contour (no thanks). As much as I am enjoying a certain amount of exclusivity, only when there are more units on the road will there be a wide range of options out there and an economic reason to create them.

For now and to get our aging Rottweiler in there, I'm draping a section of moving pad blanket out and lift her rear section in.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
I also have an aging Rotti and go thru the same motions, but besides the floor mat in the back I'm also looking for something that adheres to the back of the folding seat. I always fold down the seat when my boy is in there but i' tired of the blanket routine and want something a little more permanent. Any thoughts, ideas?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some type of mat would be a great idea, that basically be like a giant all weather floor mat.
Cargo area is where I'll carry my bike.
I also have an aging Rotti and go thru the same motions, but besides the floor mat in the back I'm also looking for something that adheres to the back of the folding seat. I always fold down the seat when my boy is in there but i' tired of the blanket routine and want something a little more permanent. Any thoughts, ideas?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Our two bulldogs (that have to be fully lifted into the Stelvio) are currently doing roaming over the downed back seats on a full leather hide (thinly tanned and as supple as a chamois), I plan on form fitting it, and will let you know how that turns out (hoping Velcro will somehow be the “duct” tape of the day).

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
When you can, please share pics and also we should start a pet thread. I appreciate the low leftover height to load our aging Rottie- we have always done the front paws up first thing + lift in method and am pleased to report she fits in well with seats folded. For this, my favorite first mod was remove the roller and also sun shield on the tailgate, preferring the station wagon configuration. I have use black moving pads as sun shields and security blocks due to the need to haul equipment sometimes for work and dog duty. Of course my first trip was on the way to the vet and she tossed her cookies in traffic. Fortunately the blanket took the brunt and the splashes were easy to clean up. I would like to share pics of her in the vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
To address Marco, until a better item comes along, I drape one of the moving pads over the bumper to prevent scratching of the top painted surface. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be hauling my bike in the back so will get a black blanket for the time being. I'm hoping that AR has a nice rubber strip with AR logo to mount on the tailgate.

·
Registered
378 Posts
for doggie in the back

Try FCA - Alfa Romeo accessories:

ALFA ROMEO STELVIO Original Accessories by Mopar

·
Registered
378 Posts
Reactions: zvezdah1

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bulldog proofing the Stelvio

I mentioned "the puppies" and working on a way to keep the dog hair down, and protect the interior --- well, here is the current result - using a full cowhide, I attached velcro in various connection spots (like using the interior cargo rail hooks, so the hide will stay in place. When not in use, it just rolls up...:grin

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
I love it- can imagine a new brand 'Leathertech' and designs customized to a range of vehicles. First day I shuttled the cargo cover and the one on the hatch too. Great pups! Our Lo loves the idea of going for a ride in Stella- which we refer to as the 'Jeep' still. Well done!

Reactions: TiSport

·
Registered
250 Posts
I mentioned "the puppies" and working on a way to keep the dog hair down, and protect the interior --- well, here is the current result - using a full cowhide, I attached velcro in various connection spots (like using the interior cargo rail hooks, so the hide will stay in place. When not in use, it just rolls up...:grin
TWO bulldogs??!!??:grin
and the names?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Elvis is the male and Gracie is his sister. I should have another YouTube out this week featuring them. They are turning 9 this year.

Reactions: 1929

·
Registered
354 Posts
That would be an incestuous name...

shouldn't the female by Priscilla? :)
I get where you’re coming from, however, Priscilla was Elvis’s wife, and not his sister, so ...:wink

Actually, Gracie was already her name from the breeder in Stanley, VA, near the JMU Bulldogs. At first sight of Elvis (he was a Winston at the time), I knew he would be a king around our house, and thusly the story has come to be and is written... so to speak - see my Bulldog Grooming 101 YouTube of the King link below:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts