Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Sad News for my 2018 TI Sport

8K views 69 replies 20 participants last post by  smunger4 
Going back to the original post, OP, if you're still reading, how many miles are/were on your Stelvio when it developed the #4 misfire? Sounds like there was not a definitive diagnosis?

AlAlfa, funny you say it reminds you of Saab ownership. I'm a huge Saab fan and have owned three. I think Saab ownership prepared me well for Alfa ownership. ;) Funny enough, the Alfa dealer I go to (Alfa/FIAT/Maserati of Santa Monica) in in the old Saab of Santa Monica location where I used to service my first 9-3 until it was out of warranty. It's a nice bit of nostalgia.

Cool! I had an '03 9-3SS Launch that I bought from the original owner who purchased it from Saab SM, and then I bought an '08 9-3 Aero new from Saab of Beverly Hills (which was really Saab of SM when they merged with the Buick/GMC/Cadillac dealer, and quite euphemistically named since it was really in West LA on Olympic and Bundy). I also had a '92 9000 for a time that I bought from Walter Wong.

I used Walter Wong and Anders (Swedecar) to service mine for the stuff I didn't do myself. I also raced 900s in the very early days of the 24 Hours of Lemons. One of these days I'm going to pick up an NG 9-5, a TurboX, or a 9000 Aero to hang onto. I too hope Alfa doesn't go the way of Saab, and it seems that Stellants is dedicated enough to the brand unlike GM (Walter had a sign in his shop that had Saab and GM logos that was captioned "Born from Jets, Killed by A**holes").

To me Alfa is the modern successor to Saab in the US market. World-class engineering, thoughtful design, highly underappreciated by the masses, but beloved by those that "get it".

I just ate the best Carne Asada burrito of my life. I am so happy and full right now....ate too fast though. It's ok...no pain no gain.
That burrito was just made from off the shelf parts. Make sure you don’t give the chef any credit for how good it tasted. ;)

The ignore function is your friend...
Indeed. It's made this community so much more enjoyable. In my 23 years of being a part of car forums, this is the first time I've ever had to do that.

Even the trolls at Jeeps Unlimited back in the day at least owned Jeeps and contributed to the tech knowledge of the community. They knew to keep their trolling to the off topic area.

Seriously dude, it's just getting weird now. Go find your supply elsewhere.

Cylinder scoring is definitely possible since you have a loss of compression. If that's the case you should get a brand new engine out of this under warranty (assuming you aren't over the four year time limit, although with only 36K miles, even if that was the case, I would hope Alfa would do a "goodwill" replacement).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.