Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Sad News for my 2018 TI Sport

8K views 69 replies 20 participants last post by  smunger4 
It is with great remorse I will be parting with my TI Sport. Absolutely have loved the car, but now the dealer and mechanical issues are overwhelming. Let me explain..

Purchased the Alfa in October 2017 from my dealer in Sacramento, California (closed 1 1/2 years later); nearest dealer 130 miles away (more dealers closing). No local FCA dealer (Dodge/Jeep, Fiat etc) will service the Alfa.

Developed a "combustion chamber" cylinder 4 issue (mis-fire on cylinder, limp mode) they can't figure out and had to consult with "Engineering" (not sure what that means) Two weeks at the Berkeley, Ca dealer...no resolution. Said...Oh it could be a coolant line on the turbo...really? Or they said a "sticking valve".

Bottom line, I bought a 2021 Ford EDGE ST which kicks ass and I have a dealer 5 miles from my house.

I will miss this forum, the Stelvio is a great vehicle.
Understood. The dealer network for AR makes it challenging for so many enthusiasts. When I purchased my first Alfa in 2017, there were two dealerships in town. Two years ago one of them closed - the combo of AF requirements to be stand alone dealerships and low inventory. Now there is one dealer left in town. If that dealership closed, I probably wouldn't have an AR as the hassle might be similar to what you experienced. Have fun the Edge ST, it looks like a hoot!
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.