Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
327 Posts
Well, I hope you at least mix up the colors. I have to admit I have a soft spot for PT Cruisers. They made DaimlerChrysler a lot of money back in the day. As weird as those little things might seem now, the sold like crazy for several years.

The turbo versions were pretty fun to drive, especially with a manual.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since my last post was "way out of line" (but, apparently JWG can antagonize whoever he wants), I'm going to repeat the sentiment since he's clearly commenting on this post and annoying people (like usual). The best part of blocking someone is that they still have to read your posts, but you don't have to see their responses. Bliss 😌

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
The PT Cruiser had a personality for sure.

I always thought of it as the automotive version of one of those low budget movies that is so bad it comes full circle and is good again.

The platform is good, but then they made it crazy top heavy and underpowered...somehow the combination is fun.

(Should say an old ex, had one as her first car and she hated it. So not everyone could appreciate the charms)

·
Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
327 Posts
The PT Cruiser had a personality for sure.

I always thought of it as the automotive version of one of those low budget movies that is so bad it comes full circle and is good again.

The platform is good, but then they made it crazy top heavy and underpowered...somehow the combination is fun.

(Should say an old ex, had one as her first car and she hated it. So not everyone could appreciate the charms)
Just for hell of it, I once ordered a GT convert with a manual for my company car. It was both goofy and fast. 0-60 was something like 6.8 with a 15.3 quarter which was pretty impressive for a front driver economy car in the mid-aughts. Torque steer got your attention, for sure.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I forgot about that model!!

Torque steer and a manual transmission, that's a combination!

Driver's today don't know what they are missing, someone should start a theme park based around how cars used to drive.

Have one ride where you have to fight torque steer the entier time or the car just spins in a circle like a tilt-a-whirl....another ride where the car accelerates so hard with such bad weight distribution, the front end lifts 3 feet and you can't see the road anymore, combined with steering so overboosted if you move it at all the car just spins out and wrecks....then the true test of a driver's skill, a manual transmission car with a bad clutch so you have to pop it in and out of gear manually by rev matching..do it wrong and the tranny explodes.

Just cause, one of the rides should be driving a manual transmission Miata with summer tires in the snow. If you can go 5 feet you win.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
874 Posts
Since my last post was "way out of line" (but, apparently JWG can antagonize whoever he wants), I'm going to repeat the sentiment since he's clearly commenting on this post and annoying people (like usual). The best part of blocking someone is that they still have to read your posts, but you don't have to see their responses. Bliss 😌
"way out of line"? I am guessing site admin decided that one. I don't report posts from you folks. That's your fellow Alfa owners.

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
874 Posts
They're based on the Neon, which was really a great car. I had a friend who cried when someone totaled his 15 year old Neon.
The SRT's were beasts. A friend of mine slapped slicks, a necked down 60mm, and a 6-puck in one and ran 11.8'[email protected]+ many many times before the trans blew out. Super durable. Super cheap to make quick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts