Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the included screwdriver in the tire kit compartment is supposed to be used for? I’m clueless. Nothing in the Owner’s Manual about it. Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Screws get loose. They gave you one just in case.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screws get loose. They gave you one just in case.
I have to ask, what screws have you experienced getting loose? Why not throw in a wrench and torx set as well if Alfa believes you’ll have loose screws and fasteners? I’m still contemplating that there must be a specific purpose for including that screwdriver. Anyway, really appreciate your sharing your knowledge and experience here!

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe to f.i. open the fuse box(es) ? ......
That’s actually a good thought. I remember when I first got the car a couple of months ago I did open up the right rear panel and saw a fuse box. Didn’t look at it too closely at the time but will do today. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That’s actually a good thought. I remember when I first got the car a couple of months ago I did open up the right rear panel and saw a fuse box. Didn’t look at it too closely at the time but will do today. Thank you for the suggestion.
There are at least 2, possibly 3 ... ;)
One in the boot, one in passenger footwell, possibly one under the bonnet (there is in the giulia)

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are at least 2, possibly 3 ... ;)
One in the boot, one in passenger footwell, possibly one under the bonnet (there is in the giulia)
Thank you again! I don’t understand why there is no section in the Owner’s Manual about the fuses. It’s such important information to have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My last two cars (Subaru Forester and Mazda CX-5) had tool kits which included a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. Never had to use them in 20+ years, but they were there..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Token attempt at a toolkit

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Probably.....it is there because screwdrivers are like pocket knives...generally handy in situations.

My guess as to the truth behind why it was included is.....when Alfa bought all the tire tire kits with the air compressor and tire goop, the manufacturer threw-in a screwdriver and Alfa was like....OK, cool. Put that in the car too.

Either that, or along with the infotainment system, seat choice (not having tilt in most models), backup camera, and basically everything else changed for 2020, the screwdriver was included by interns so the engineers and designers could take a break and get gelato. (Cause, really, all they cared about were the driving dynamics.)

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably.....it is there because screwdrivers are like pocket knives...generally handy in situations.

My guess as to the truth behind why it was included is.....when Alfa bought all the tire tire kits with the air compressor and tire goop, the manufacturer threw-in a screwdriver and Alfa was like....OK, cool. Put that in the car too.

Either that, or along with the infotainment system, seat choice (not having tilt in most models), backup camera, and basically everything else changed for 2020, the screwdriver was included by interns so the engineers and designers could take a break and get gelato. (Cause, really, all they cared about were the driving dynamics.)
So even you don’t know? Wow. Well they did nail the driving dynamics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts