Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a slight problem with the base seats, mine do not have the tilt adjustment, I've had 18years driving a GTV where you kind of sunk into the seats. The base seats feel too flat for me although everything else is fine with them. Was just wondering whether it's possible to place spacers underneath the front seat rail fixing to make the angle slightly more acute so my center of gravity is pitched backwards slightly so I don't get that slipping forward feel.?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a slight problem with the base seats, mine do not have the tilt adjustment, I've had 18years driving a GTV where you kind of sunk into the seats. The base seats feel too flat for me although everything else is fine with them. Was just wondering whether it's possible to place spacers underneath the front seat rail fixing to make the angle slightly more acute so my center of gravity is pitched backwards slightly so I don't get that slipping forward feel.?

Cheers
You *could*.

Possible downsides could be....

#1 You will void your seat warranty. Probably not a big deal..but still.

#2 it could lead to a failure. making the motor work harder to move around (moving uphill basically..probably not a big deal short-term..long-term might be).

#3 not sure how it would affect the seat's ability to remain fixed in an accident. It might make the seat want to slide backwards in an impact which wouldn't be good. Not sure about this..not sure how the seat locks in place once adjusted. Still seems like a valid concern.

I have had the same thought as the seat angle was my biggest concern with the car but decided to leave it alone.

Personally I found, I adjusted to the new position and it is now very comfortable and places less pressure on my tale-bone which seems to help my back for long drives. Took about a month of driving to adapt.

Will admit, Alfa should add the tilt adjustment to the base, pretty ridiculous to not have it.

I *think* the Lusso seat is basically the base seat with the tilt adjustment and different stitching (which can make a lot of difference in comfort - the Lusso is an 8-way seat, as opposed to the 6-way base seat). Could be wrong, haven't really looked at the Lusso, afraid it will make me want one...they weren't available yet when I got mine...

·
Premium Member
404 Posts

I *think* the Lusso seat is basically the base seat with the tilt adjustment and different stitching (which can make a lot of difference in comfort - the Lusso is an 8-way seat, as opposed to the 6-way base seat). Could be wrong, haven't really looked at the Lusso, afraid it will make me want one...they weren't available yet when I got mine...
I have the Lusso seats and got them because I felt they were more comfortable and easier to adjust. It is a different perspective from the 'Sport' concept.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
They are flatter right?

Basically the bolstering of the base seats, but with bottom seat cushion stitching that matches the sports seats...which allows the buttocks to sink better into the seat resulting in better lateral support while still be able to move around in the seat. The back stitching looks the same...more able to sink in.

..if that's the case...I don't need to look at a Lusso...

·
Registered
55 Posts
You *could*.

Possible downsides could be....

#1 You will void your seat warranty. Probably not a big deal..but still.

#2 it could lead to a failure. making the motor work harder to move around (moving uphill basically..probably not a big deal short-term..long-term might be).

#3 not sure how it would affect the seat's ability to remain fixed in an accident. It might make the seat want to slide backwards in an impact which wouldn't be good. Not sure about this..not sure how the seat locks in place once adjusted. Still seems like a valid concern.

I have had the same thought as the seat angle was my biggest concern with the car but decided to leave it alone.

Personally I found, I adjusted to the new position and it is now very comfortable and places less pressure on my tale-bone which seems to help my back for long drives. Took about a month of driving to adapt.

Will admit, Alfa should add the tilt adjustment to the base, pretty ridiculous to not have it.

Thanks for the comments.. I think you're right there could be issues shimming the front up.. I think I can live with it and get used to it, a bit like a new pair of shoes that need wearing in.. When I looked at the motor it had all the things I wanted .. colour, wheels, painted calipers etc.. there was so much going on in the cabin when I tested it the seats sort of passed me bye but overall i'm really happy with the setup.. cheers

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have two questions about the sport seat upper side bolsters. First, how far do they move in and out?(width closed vs width opened) 2nd do the stretch out or rotate out? |_| to say \_/ (rotates out) or is it |_| to |__| (stretches out)?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have two questions about the sport seat upper side bolsters. First, how far do they move in and out?(width closed vs width opened) 2nd do the stretch out or rotate out? |_| to say \_/ (rotates out) or is it |_| to |__| (stretches out)?
I haven't paid that close of attention when adjusting but it feels more like what you label as rotates out. No idea on actual measurements but it feels pretty significant of a difference. Far enough all the way out that I don't really feel them but all the way in it's pretty tight. I'm also 6'2", workout with low body fat so it might fit other people differently.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't paid that close of attention when adjusting but it feels more like what you label as rotates out. No idea on actual measurements but it feels pretty significant of a difference. Far enough all the way out that I don't really feel them but all the way in it's pretty tight. I'm also 6'2", workout with low body fat so it might fit other people differently.
Some of the low body fat guys can be huge :). My oldest friends little bro has a 60" chest..... All muscle. He also has that small waist. He can't fit anything right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im considering a Stelvio purchase, and I’m wondering if, at 6’4”, 250, I’d fit comfortably in one; I worry about leg room as well as headroom...if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
243 Posts
5’8” 180lbs 31” inseam.

I have Ti with no sunroof, base seats. I had bought the Ti a a real good price as a former demo. The seats were good enough although it took awhile for me to figure out seat and steering wheel adjustments that worked well. They are a little like seats in Japanese cars, a bit too short in the base and you may feel like you are sliding forward. If the base tilted like the Lusso seats they would be really good for long drives. Not so good for really hard driving. All the seat versions (except quad sparco) should have had tilt in the Base.

Alfa should have sat in their own old 164 seats, all versions including the Recaro “S” seats. Better all around including the quality of the leather.

·
Registered
243 Posts
PS - I have acquired a set of Sport seats, just have not yet installed them. Deciding if I want to also obtain the entire red Interior trim for dash, door panels as well...or just put in the front seats and call it a day.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have an '18 Ti (standard seats). I'm 6'2", 180 lbs...I really like the seats. I've got plenty of leg room.
My only issue with them was their lack of thigh support...and the alfa seat adjustment does not
tilt the seat bottom. Someone suggested in this forum to insert a couple of washers under the
front seat bolts. I did just that and added maybe 1/4" height to the front of the seats and now
I can say that they are just perfect.

·
Registered
337 Posts
My wife and I have driven 2 different Stelvio models and wonder if the standard seats on the base model are really comfortable over the long run. Or is is advisable to go the the sport seats with the thigh extenders that come in the T I model? Thanks for the advice.
I have owned both and the Lusso seats are far better for long term comfort and ownership. Being of average "American" build the Sport Seats were just too confining - I always felt them and I never truly liked it. The Lusso seats on my Stelvio are way better for me - all day comfort which outweighs anything else for me.
John

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pretty easy actually. Just unscrew the front seat bolt (you'll need a larger torx bit). Take it to your local hardware store and find some larger thicker washers that have large enough hole to accommodate. Then, I put a small wedge under the seat rail, slipped the washers in and then tightened down the seat bolt. I used two washers, they were like a thick fender washer. Be careful when you slip the washers in..I had one fall in. Maybe put a thin piece of plastic or cardboard
down first and slide the washers over that, line them up, then pull out the plastic.

And its goblue as in Michigan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PS - I have acquired a set of Sport seats, just have not yet installed them. Deciding if I want to also obtain the entire red Interior trim for dash, door panels as well...or just put in the front seats and call it a day.
Couple questions...

Where did you acquire the sport seats? And do you know if the wiring harness is compatible with a standard seat to sport seat swap?

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
36 Posts
If the base tilted like the Lusso seats they would be really good for long drives. Not so good for really hard driving. All the seat versions (except quad sparco) should have had tilt in the Base.
Hi Peter (and Forum members),

I might be misunderstanding what has been written, so please bear with me.

OK - I've been considering a Stelvio, and reading up on all the Pros & Cons, and when it came to the subject of seats, the CON was that ALL of the seat offerings did not have a base cushion that tilted.

Am I to understand that the Lusso seats do have a base cushion that tilts or?

And if the Lusso seats do have a base cushion that tilts, when (model year) did that occur?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where did you acquire the sport seats? And do you know if the wiring harness is compatible with a standard seat to sport seat swap?
I've seen some sport seats on ebay, that were the same color as my Ti seats. But they were power 8-way Seat adjustment and 4-way Lumber. Assuming the extra adjustment is for the bolsters. Where as mine are 6-way with 4-way lumber. So the wiring harness question is a good one.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts